86 T-Type vs New GTO 5.7

DrkBluT-TyPe

1986 Buick Regal T-Type
I was on my way home from seeing my friends in McKinney when I see a 5.7 Litre GTO cruising in front of me. I have the boost turned down to 14 and run 93 with some octane booster I had just put in the tank. I pull up and he looks at me and gives me a nod and he gets on it! I punch the gas, the turbo spools to its full 14 psi and I catch up to his passenger door and neither of us budge...I let off about 6 seconds after due to some knock retard ><. Need to get that new alky kit soon! It was a fun race and after at the next light the guy rolls down his window and gives me props. I ask "From a dig?" and he quickly reply's "No thanks, I know what your driving!" I hung with him the whole time I was on it but I'm sure his sleeker GTO would of got me in the higher end. Fun last night before school starts :eek: .

If it was a new, as in 2006 or 2005 GTO, it was a 400hp 6.0, which typically run real low 13s, stock. You sure it was a 5.7? Those are the 2004s. Either way, good kill, those GTOs will run.

Well I do know it was silver and I didn't think my Buick at 14lb's stood a chance with the 6.0 litre's and that is why I said a 5.7. I've driven the 6.0 and those are FUN cars! I figure the 6.0 might of walked away from me from a role.

word of advice: dont use octane boosters,they foul up everything. do a search here. they dont raise your octane form 93 octane to 103 octane, if it say it raises it three points, it means 93 to 93.3. not worth it.

matt87 said:
if it say it raises it three points, it means 93 to 93.3. not worth it.

Ditto!

I'm new to the Buicks so I'm not sure about leaded or unleaded race fuels. If you want to raise your octane points up, add race fuel. Lets say you got a 20gl tank...run 15gls of 91-93 octane and 5 gls of 100-110 octane fuel.

DrkBluT-TyPe said:
I was on my way home from seeing my friends in McKinney when I see a 5.7 Litre GTO cruising in front of me. I have the boost turned down to 14 and run 93 with some octane booster I had just put in the tank. I pull up and he looks at me and gives me a nod and he gets on it! I punch the gas, the turbo spools to its full 14 psi and I catch up to his passenger door and neither of us budge...I let off about 6 seconds after due to some knock retard ><. Need to get that new alky kit soon! It was a fun race and after at the next light the guy rolls down his window and gives me props. I ask "From a dig?" and he quickly reply's "No thanks, I know what your driving!" I hung with him the whole time I was on it but I'm sure his sleeker GTO would of got me in the higher end. Fun last night before school starts :eek: .

Been like a few years, why dont you have a meth kit on that blue car yet????

Gtos, lol, fun to play with on pump gas....

Can you say slaughter with another 75 horse on meth?

BW

SVORay said:
Ditto!

I'm new to the Buicks so I'm not sure about leaded or unleaded race fuels. If you want to raise your octane points up, add race fuel. Lets say you got a 20gl tank...run 15gls of 91-93 octane and 5 gls of 100-110 octane fuel.
I found the best mix for my car. 3/4 tank of 117 octane (C16) leaded and 1/4 tank of 94 octane unleaded. Its expencive but the turbo cars love the leaded fuel. Never any Knock. Only down side is you have to replace the O2 senser more often. The C16 was made for Turbo and Supercharged cars, and the lead is actually good for your motor.

DrkBluT-TyPe,
Nice kill. I raced one (think it was the 5.7L) a couple weeks ago. I had him the whole time by 10 car lengths. I dont know if it was a fair race cause his girlfriend was beating the bajeezus out of him evertime he would go faster. He should have open the door and chucked her out then picked her up after the race. :biggrin: