84 turbo Riv

86george

union member
Ran across a 84 turbo Riv at the salvage.Appears to be 3.8,injected,turbo mounted on back of engine.FWD car, engine mounted front to back like RWD car.Is the block and crank the same as RWD regals used.Would the engine be worth saveing.I can get it for around $200.Crank turned by hand.I'd have to pull it and i'm not real enthused about pulling a engine at a salvage yard.Any body know anything about this model?

The engine is the same as the '84 - '85 Grand National. I think the turbo is mounted a little different. Would be a buy for $200.00.

I need parts from the whole car! do you know whats available from it?

I have an 85....

A.j.

The radio was missing.Rest of car seamed to be there.The salvage just cleared everything out and reopened as a you pull it salvage so i don't think the car has been picked over yet.I was only looking at engine and crank but i found a 4.1 pulled for $200 so i'll take a pass on Riv engine.I didn't notice any glareing rust on it so i think it came here from the south or west.It looked like it may have had a no start issue.Maf loose and some wires loose like trouble shooting and then gave up.Old car ain't cherry like it just rolled out of grandma's garage but parts are parts.Kankakee auto parts. 815-939-3534.You can call them maybe they'd sell the entire car.

The radio was missing.Rest of car seamed to be there.The salvage just cleared everything out and reopened as a you pull it salvage so i don't think the car has been picked over yet.I was only looking at engine and crank but i found a 4.1 pulled for $200 so i'll take a pass on Riv engine.I didn't notice any glareing rust on it so i think it came here from the south or west.It looked like it may have had a no start issue.Maf loose and some wires loose like trouble shooting and then gave up.Old car ain't cherry like it just rolled out of grandma's garage but parts are parts.Kankakee auto parts. 815-939-3534.You can call them maybe they'd sell the entire car.

thank you for the info!

A.j.