84 to 86 wiring issues

alliedmike

2 Cyl short NO PROBLEM
Hey guys,

Ok so i have an 84 that I have completely stripped and rebuilt over the past two years. I have a rebuilt 86 engine I just put in the car. and of course the new motor did not come with the 86 harness. The 84 harness has been updated slightly when I upgraded the computer to an 86 87. the issue I am having is not knowing what all of the plugs go to. most of themI have figured out. Does anyone know where I can find information on this?
Thankyou in advance

might be easier to take pics of the ones you cant figure out and post them and then we might be able to help you.

Harness

This is a picture of Casper's replacement harness. I just used it a couple weeks ago to label all the plugs on my harness. Hopefully this will help. There was one plug not labeled on Casper's picture and that is the Evap canister which is the long whip with the single female weather-pak connector with the red plug. Also you car might have the power master plugs wired in.. There are two plugs which come out of the harness in the same area of the harness as the C-100 connector. Goodluck, and if it helps you out, make sure you thank Casper's Electronics also.

Attachments

• 8485_engine_harness_connector_ID.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
  • 84-85 harness.jpg
    84-85 harness.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 108