84 gn interior grey questions

tyson

I just picked up a 84 gn.I own a 87, but have never owned a 84. Were there two different lier interiors available? grey and sandstone? I thought they all came with the sandstone. This one has dark grey interior parts, but the seats have been switched out for 85-87 seats.
Thanks,Tyson

I just picked up a 84 gn.I own a 87, but have never owned a 84. Were there two different lier interiors available? grey and sandstone? I thought they all came with the sandstone. This one has dark grey interior parts, but the seats have been switched out for 85-87 seats.
Thanks,Tyson

Do the seats have the "leather center sections"?
As far as I know, all 84 LS interior were all "Sandstone".
Seats may have been recovered at some time. :confused:

The 84 GN's have the SL only in Sandstone
I have seen the gray SL in a 82 Gn
Some of the 84 t types may have had the SL in gray interior so is yours a T Type?
If I'm not mistaken the Turbo 6 embroided on the 82's and the T Type are not in color

The 84 GN's have the SL only in Sandstone
I have seen the gray SL in a 82 Gn
Some of the 84 t types may have had the SL in gray interior so is yours a T Type?
If I'm not mistaken the Turbo 6 embroided on the 82's and the T Type are not in color

My car is a WE2 Grand National with grey Leir Seiglers verified by the build sheet. The T's had the embroided T6 without red and yellow coloring. The GN had the T6 with the coloring, just as my car has.

Believe me, I thought the same thing about 84's only having sandstone until I bought this car. I took the back seat out just to verify and checked RPOs right away becuase I couldnt believe it.

Maybe it was special ordered?:confused:

Maybe someone that knows more about options and availability can chime in.

The original seats have been taken out and replaced with 85-87 gn seats.
Looks like we2 on the rpo sticker, but it printed really crappy from the factory.
I did do a car fax, it stated it as a t type. I am not sure if all the turbo regals show up that way or it specifies GN????? I will try to do a little more research and update with any findings. Jeremy I sent you an email a couple of days ago, my email was having troubles so not sure if you got it?? It is now working

The 84 GN should have these:

uncledave-albums-turbo-pics-picture2244-img-0393.jpg

'84 GN Seats - they are Leather.

I doubt an '84 GN would have the '85 seats because the GN required the Lear's interior outcome in the build.

If someone swapped seats to the cloth version it would have had to occur late in the build as the '85's were being sent down the line, and surely approved by the new owner. I definitely would like to see the build code proving this outcome. :biggrin:

We continue to see so called '84 GN clones... so don't get all wrapped around the axle on this statement please. Over the years we have seen several T's attempting to be passed off as GN's. As the cars get rarer we can expect more interesting creations. :biggrin:

Uncle Dave...

Agreed! I like those restored seats! Mine definitely need recovered, and the desire to recover the overhead roof and replace the moon roof seal is a must do item in the future.

?????????????? not sure what your comment meant bosstnitup? I never said the car came from the factory with the 85 seats. The l.s. seats have been pulled out at some time and the 85- 87 seats have been put in. The car is 26 years old. A lot could be done in that amount of time. I was just tring to figure out the correct color for the interior. My whole point of this posting was to figure out if all 84's came with sandstone, or if some came with grey. Never tried to say that the later seats were there from factory!

Thanks for the pics, the seats look nice!!

I should have been even more specific...

My commentary was to "jdpolzin"

It possibly applies to you as well... don't get wrapped over the axle over "purist" thoughts. Be glad you have a turbo Regal. period. We do see plenty of clones offered up as genuine GN's. This is a FACT. Some of us on this posting area have been involved from the very beginning (I am one of those members). Over the years we have hurt some feelings when they discovered they didn't have a GN, or their purchase was questionable.

Each '84 GN came with the Lear's interior as addressed... sandstone.

When parts are missing... one has to ponder. :biggrin:

My commentary was to "jdpolzin"

It possibly applies to you as well... don't get wrapped over the axle over "purist" thoughts. Be glad you have a turbo Regal. period. We do see plenty of clones offered up as genuine GN's. This is a FACT. Some of us on this posting area have been involved from the very beginning (I am one of those members). Over the years we have hurt some feelings when they discovered they didn't have a GN, or their purchase was questionable.

Each '84 GN came with the Lear's interior as addressed... sandstone.

When parts are missing... one has to ponder. :biggrin:

My 84 doesnt have 85 seats in it either. They are Leirs. Not sure what you are trying to get at??:confused:

Not going to hurt me feelings. I've had over 30 GN's.

Yes Leirs...

Mine are tear's... I have tear's all through them.

Give me the ungodly amount of $23,000 for mine and you can have even one more GN. (The most loaded '84 GN in the country- 96 option codes) :biggrin: