75 shot before tubro or intercooler?

stage274

I was just wondering if I shoot some nos before turbo or right before the intercooler , there would still be some nitrous in the tubes, if I do not have a blow off valve to dump the extra nitrous in the tube after the run, How would this effect my motor if any , and if any body here tried it please chime in, I really want to get my temps down .

If it is only temps your worried about install a Meth injection kit.
If you also are looking for spool up aid,start with a 50 shot, and do it between the intercooler and the throttle body.

If it is only temps your worried about install a Meth injection kit.
If you also are looking for spool up aid,start with a 50 shot, and do it between the intercooler and the throttle body.
mostly to spool the turbo, why is it a bad idea to spray before the turbo?

mostly to spool the turbo, why is it a bad idea to spray before the turbo?

Ive never tried it that way,But I would think it would be better as the air is already heated and cooled at that point,Before the turbo it would have to go throught the heat cycle and MAY not work as well after that.

if its a wet system,you really don't want fuel in the turbo, also spraying nitrous only on the compressor wheels has to erode them over time.

anyone have an idea how much nitrous will cool the charge? say your intake temps are @ 200 right before the runners will a 25 shot cool the charge to lets say 100 or less? i might be looking into this. im sure if i just sprayed a 50 shoot and got my intake temps down bellow 100 the car would run 10's

Nitrous is flat out nasty on a turbo car. I have a 35 shot on mine and it really makes it come out of the hole a LOT harder.

You don't want to do a wet shot before the intercooler, I cringe to think how the puddling fuel would lean your engine out... :eek:

So If Spray A 50 Dry Shot Before The Intercooler, Will I Be Ok After The Run? There Will Be Some Nitrous In The Tube And Intercooler , Maybe If I Get A Blow Off Valve To Dump The Excess Air It Will Be Ok? I Dont Know? I Really Like To Try It Right At The Intercooler Or Way Before The Turbo , Can You Imagine The Dense Air You Would Bring To The Turbo.

it is much more efficient to spray after the intercooler. if sprayed before, all the surface area of the intercooler would actually add heat to the charge.

it is much more efficient to spray after the intercooler. if sprayed before, all the surface area of the intercooler would actually add heat to the charge.

Exactly. Spray that thing in the up pipe, that will give you the coldest charge of air, probably put the nozzle 6 inches away from the throttle body and you are good to go. And no, the blowoff valve will not be an issue. At wide open throttle the valve would be closed, and WOT is where you would be spraying anyway.

What I am saying is that if you spray a wet shot (nitrous and fuel) BEFORE the intercooler, the nitrous will keep flying right through the piping into your engine, while the fuel would puddle in your intercooler and not make it. That would mean a 75 hit of nitrous would come in, but probably less than a 25 hp supply of fuel. You would lean out like crazy, and that would get real ugly real fast.

hey vortech how long do you spray it, whole 1/4 or less? getting ready to put a 35 on mine. in the uppipe

I was thinking before the intercooler with a 75 dry shot, the intercooler will become ice cold, and stay that way for the whole run, I think that will reduce the temps the most, and the nitrous wont hit as hard ,but I might have to move the mass air flow before the throttle body , I dont know? because the cooler air will richen the motor up, if it comes before the mass air, that way I do not have to run a wet system, I dislike wet systems, you really do not need them if you have enough injector.

Nos beware!

If you really want to get Intercooler temps down They make a
cool Item called Cryo-Kool Its A Wand looking piece that acually
sprays nos on the intercooler fins and Chills it . that way you can
benifit from ice cold intercooler temps, And avoid a nasty lean condition
from the Nos. Our buicks Dont need Nos. Turn up the fuel and Boost and hold On.. Take it from me I blew a motor with a 50 shot plumbed into the intercooler ... $$$$ I think Summit Sells The Item.. Just my Opinion.

I was thinking before the intercooler with a 75 dry shot, the intercooler will become ice cold, and stay that way for the whole run, I think that will reduce the temps the most, and the nitrous wont hit as hard ,but I might have to move the mass air flow before the throttle body , I dont know? because the cooler air will richen the motor up, if it comes before the mass air, that way I do not have to run a wet system, I dislike wet systems, you really do not need them if you have enough injector.

Sorry, that makes no sense to me at all.
If the IC is cooler than the ambient, my logic tells me, the air passing through the IC is heating the air inside the IC. :)
Yeah, I know you can get air cooler than ambient through fancy flow systems, but this is not the case.

If the temp drops in the IC, you will also see a pressure drop.
Besides, you will get gas pudling (Sp??) and grenade the motor (as mentioned before) :eek:

Spray pre-turbo and let small droplets hit the impellar while spinning at 100,000 rpm and see what happens. Besides, the increased mass of the fuel in the air pre-turbo will slow down the rotational response ..... I think we call that lag??? :eek:

Oh yeah, I don’t have one of those power adders. :cool:

Sorry, that makes no sense to me at all.
If the IC is cooler than the ambient, my logic tells me, the air passing through the IC is heating the air inside the IC. :)
Yeah, I know you can get air cooler than ambient through fancy flow systems, but this is not the case.

If the temp drops in the IC, you will also see a pressure drop.
Besides, you will get gas pudling (Sp??) and grenade the motor (as mentioned before) :eek:

Spray pre-turbo and let small droplets hit the impellar while spinning at 100,000 rpm and see what happens. Besides, the increased mass of the fuel in the air pre-turbo will slow down the rotational response ..... I think we call that lag??? :eek:

Oh yeah, I don’t have one of those power adders. :cool:

only dry system, no fuel at all , that stupid, I was just saying if the nitrous hits the intercooler it will become Ice cold, and stay that way for a while, you would actually see ice on the out side form, it will get that cold, I only talking a 50 or 75 shot, dry only, man if there was fuel, not only would it puddle but it becomes a bomb, like I said dry only, Thanks.

the problem with using it before intercooler is that after you lift off gas you will still have nitrous in the intake tract which will lean out motor= kaboom big paper weight. if you still want to do it go for it,then we can say we told you so

only dry system, no fuel at all , that stupid, I was just saying if the nitrous hits the intercooler it will become Ice cold, and stay that way for a while, you would actually see ice on the out side form, it will get that cold, I only talking a 50 or 75 shot, dry only, man if there was fuel, not only would it puddle but it becomes a bomb, like I said dry only, Thanks.

I think your wanting what some kits call a hoop, NOS calls it a spray bar.
It's popular with the ricers. I've seen it installed on intercoolers.
Personally I'd rather have all that sweet goodness going straight down the hatch, but to each his own. Pics below and link to the page:

Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) 16034NOS - NOS Nitrous Oxide Intercooler Spray Bar Kits - summitracing.com

nos-16034nos_w.jpg

exactly, spray 50 shot before the intercooler, it cools the air and you get more oxygen, I couldn't waste it like that, thats a sin, and a 50 horse shot before the intercooler will not hit hard, and you do not need extra fuel, if you do turn up the pressure up, and watch your o2 count.