6870 Turbo

well maybe not much difference with a 3 bolt but big difference with V band

*Subscribed
Just a heads up, I had to add roughly 10% more fuel to my engine when I opened it up from a 3 bolt .63ar 62cea turbine to a t4 .88ar 73/80 wheel.

I have a stroker 109 engine with aluminum GN1 ported cylinder heads, 6766 BB turbo, stock ECM , Alky dual nozzles, PTC 17 blade NLU Convertor and tranny. My car has went 6:50 @ 110 in 1/8, 10:20 @ 133 in 1/4 mile with only a 1:62 sixty ft - foot braking the car launching on 1 lbs of boost with peak boost of approx 25 lbs with car and driver weigh of 3700 lbs.

I think the 6466 Gen2 is a better fit for a stock stroke engine- it will compliment both street and strip with a more aggressive spool rate which means quicker ET- that turbo has went 9 sec on a stock stroke GN.

1eafb9e198b897e14c9d0c05c75ecacf.jpg

3 bolts TTFMF

I use a Precision 46mm wastegate and my boost to C02 ratio is 1:1, I'm real happy with that.

Add it to the list,fast xfi,wg,6870bb,new converter,e85 conversion,etc.this thread is getting to be one of the most costly 10 sec builds I have seen.
yea but its a hellova a start and he can always built on it from there. ppl think this is a slow spooling Turbo that has no business on his car. total BS! I wud hav opted for the V band myself considering the price of the Turbo but I'm sure the 3 bolt will make plenty of power.

Add it to the list;),fast xfi,wg,6870bb,new converter,e85 conversion,etc.this thread is getting to be one of the most costly 10 sec builds I have seen.

LOL WG is took car of, If you want to save money you don't want a Buick in the first place and the car will run high 9's the way it sets if you get on a really good track and like to put head gaskets on, Like I said I have drove and raced this car for the last 5 years and never had the heads off it just change the oil and go, If you need the parts why not get the best, Also I said I called or the guy doing the work called to order the Precision PT6766 CEA and the the guy ask what we were running and what are plans are and he said well it is up to you but do you want to go faster and he said well wouldn't hurt, He said you would be happier with the 6870, I already had the other parts laying around and some I haven't said anything about, It is not a 10 sec. build

If you need the parts why not get the best
I thought you have a 10.4 car that needed a turbo replacement.to me that's a bolt on turbo that works with everything else combo wise to run 10s.the 6870 can run run 10s but is way overkill in price and size compared to other smaller faster spooling less expensive turbos than can run mid to low 10s and not require combo adjustments.

yea but its a hellova a start and he can always built on it from there.
I thought he was just looking for replacement for the 66 and more of a street orientated car not looking to take the car into race car territory requiring a 6870bb and combo changes.

I just put in the 68/70 turbo on my car this summer, along with the rjc 315 intercooler and racetronix dual fuel pump kit and bigger fuel lines. All I could say is that this turbo feels great and that it spools very quickly, blows away my drag radials at will. But what sucks is I put the car on the dyno a few weeks ago and it only dynoed 7 hp more at peak and about 30lbs less peak torque. The culprit for this is a weak drive train, valves are floating. The more the boost goes up, the HP starts to drop. I kind of new my springs were weak, wanted to change them over the winter but I couldn't get a straight answer on which valve springs would work best with my set up (M&A heads) and flat tappet cam. Decided to leave the springs in there and now I am paying for it. Well over the winter I will try to find out which roller cam set up would work best for my combination. I still feel if I would bring the car to the track with this turbo, it would run better times, I won't cause I am worried that at higher rpm I could drop a valve. The car would peak HP at 4600 and now it peaks at 4900. Starting from 4700 rpm and on the car makes 10 to 20 HP more and close to 30 HP more when getting to 5800 rpm and the same goes for the torque. This is why I think the car would pull a little harder on the 1/4 mile. The car is always between 5400 rpm and 5800 threw out the quarter and that is where the car is making more HP and Torque. Anyways I will see next year with the new roller cam and springs , how the car will really perform. All this to say even though the car didn't make crazy more HP , I just love the way this turbo feels and spools.