.63 A/R vs. .82 A/R

BlackBeauty

Short version: Which would give bigger power numbers, a .63 A/R with 3" exhaust outlet, or .82 A/R with 2" exhaust outlet?

Explanation: Hey everyone, I have two turbos, and would like to know which one will give bigger numbers. On the car, I have a TE-44 with what looks like a .63 A/R exhaust side (also looks like it says .83, but I've never heard of that) and 3" outlet to the downpipe.
The other turbo is un-named, but has a .82 A/R and only a 2" exit to the DP. It has a stock appearance because it has a bolt-on bell like a TA series turbo. They both have an A/R of .60 on the compressor side. Both have adjustable wastegate rods.
If I swap back to the mystery turbo, I can run a stock ported DP elbow and 2.75" DP. The benefit of this would be selling the TE-44 and the Mease DP. Since the TE-44 has a larger exit, I would have to keep the Mease DP on there, or it will be restricted by the stock elbow.
My car is putting out weak numbers for what I have. I am going to drop it off at a TR shop tomorrow, and want them to tune it along with some other work. So if I get some replies today, I will either swap turbo's or keep the TE-44 on there. Thanks for the help.

- I have bluetops, Walbro307, adj. fpr, SMC alky kit, RJC PowerPlate, stock i/c, stock convertor, Hooker cat-back, a Thrasher92 and a Red Armstrong 93, I think that's about it worth mentioning.

I would keep the TE44 if you know that is what it is.. I would also use a Garret .63 ex housing since this won't have any ill spooling affects and once you get it tuned properly then up the ex housing size..
What is your combo running now?

ks:cool:

13.6@102 :rolleyes:
The shop tuned my car months and months ago, and I put down only 320hp/400tq with this combo, so something doesn't sound right. Last night when I ran the above track time, it was not in this same tune (I'm always tinkering trying to get things right).
I need to take it to the shop because the DS header has a tiny crack, and the convertor isn't locking.
But anyway, I really would like to know which turbo is better for power. Thanks for the reply.

Well I dropped off the car with the TE-44 on it, but I'm still wanting to know which would create more power. This is in the 20-24psi range, so I'm guessing the 2" outlet on the .82 would be a restriction.

Talk to Ray Kammer, he's in the Orlando club. He has the same combo, but has a V4 and runs 110-112 mph on alky.

Mike

Hell, I run 110-111mph on 108 octane with a stock turbo. Should be doing alot better than that with a TE-44 IMO

I would definately stick with the TE-44 over the "mystery" turbo.

Your question is kinda like "how much power does a 350 cheby make". With as little information as you gave us, there is no way to answer your question. What are the wheel sizes, what trims, etc...