5858 turbo results?

Real nice!! Congrats. That'll take care of just about anything on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is because of the 9.5 N/L converter why the RPM is so flat.
Same thing happens to me when I let the car shift itself.

That's correct. If shifting in auto the governor can be tweaked to get the shift points where you want them on the 2-3.

This is a good view though because people get hung up on rpm drop. However if the motor shifts early, you won't have much rpm drop but the converter can still have low slip %. Holding the engine in the peak tq area has it's benefits.

As I've made more power that shift point has come up. A little over 5100 in tha last pass. Dropped about 300 rpm after the shift...

That's correct. If shifting in auto the governor can be tweaked to get the shift points where you want them on the 2-3.

This is a good view though because people get hung up on rpm drop. However if the motor shifts early, you won't have much rpm drop but the converter can still have low slip %. Holding the engine in the peak tq area has it's benefits.

Thanks dusty for supporting us.

Also instead of modifying the governor, jimmy changed the spring and all shift points raised ~800 rpm...my car revs much smoother now.

I just shift manually with a B&M mega shifter now. Tapping the stock shifter into 2nd after a 30ft wheelie is nearly impossible.

Thanks dusty for supporting us.

Also instead of modifying the governor, jimmy changed the spring and all shift points raised ~800 rpm...my car revs much smoother now.

Great!! With some data the guys like Jimmy can fine tune the shift points right where you want them.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app