#464? what a overpriced car!!!!! AGAIN!!

slowcar

Banned
The car has peeling paint...a repaint.. a rebuilt engine with nothing original on the car....rusty chassis.... wait it is a rare sunroof car!!!!! I would like to get a ****ping $80k? for $80k I can a AMG benz with 612hp and with the left over money ...buy a nice 2/2 condo out right....lol

I put the value of that car at $40k tops...but that is just me...a nice driver maybe .....

Funny.....

a car- or anything, really- is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
if you think it's over priced, then don't buy it.

So what your saying is that if someone with a crapload of cash buys that car for 80k that is what it is really worth? So I should have waited to get 200k for my 700mile car that sold for 85k. Man, I got screwed again!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

So what your saying is that if someone with a crapload of cash buys that car for 80k that is what it is really worth? So I should have waited to get 200k for my 700mile car that sold for 85k. Man, I got screwed again!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
if someone is willing to pay that, then yes, it was worth it to them. that doesn't necessarily mean that they will ever get their money back if they decide to sell it down the road, but hey, that's their problem.
that's how the free market works...

Opinions are like...

and that is YOUR opinion.

He could stick a stroked 454 Chevy in it... and if that car could be proven to be a GNX from the start... it is a GNX.

"My opinion..." :biggrin:

You purists offend the true hot-rodder who believes we can slash and cut anything we put our hands on... after all it is our car right? ;)

The car is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. We have all seen some extremely nice cars go for cheap, and some real dogs for high dollars. You never know... but if its what you want, who really cares how much you paid?
I traded my Harley for my GN... who knows who got the "better" deal, but hey, we are both happy!

I just don't get the whole GNX love affair at all. yeah its a rare car but so are the V8 T-types and the V8 T-types are even more rare (less production # then the GNXs) OHH BUT they have V8s and are slow and they don't have a turbo, So what you aren’t driving the GNX anyway so what good is the Turbo V6? They both collect dust just the same.
Out of all the Regals my favorite is the GN and if it has T-Tops I’ll take it.
Don’t get me wrong if I had a chance at a GNX I would take it, but it would be because of the value you guys give it and not because of any other reason.
Who the hell marries a super model to just look at her?
I guess it’s a whole deferent sport that I will never understand

My feelings on the GNXs and their values is they represent the 'King of the Hill' for 80s cars. Due to the fact that they never really were sold below MSRP from their inception it is clear signal that the old rule of supply and demand is still in effect....there were only 547 made and there are even less around now!

As for #464 on ebay it might have some blemishes but it is pretty neat that there is paperwork backing the sunroof install. That car in the early 90s with a Duttweiler motor and the GNX suspension must have been really something. I am sure it is still a blast to drive. Rather than worrying about if the owner wants too much or too little (never heard anyone complain about that) it is pretty neat to see the stories behind all the cars as they come up for sale.

i dont know what thats all about. i feel the opposite. the GNX is my dream car. im in love with the other one listed on ebay and it a sore subject around my house. i want to buy it and the wife is giving me a hard time about it. guess its not my time.... not much i would pick over a GNX. you can keep that crappy benz they try so hard to improve apon every year, you cant mess with a legend. to each his own i guess?

opinions vary...mine is realistic

I have the utmost respect for the GNX... but I also for the Grand National and just more so for the Limited .....but in reality the GNX is still a 20+ year old car with old technology .... denying what cars have become is like the guy back when the GNX and Gn were on the streets that said "that 6 cylinder fuel injected turbo car is nothing compared to my 1970 chevelle" .....well it was a lot better car then a 1970 chevy...the buick had more technology then any other car of its time...period

So dont knock the Benz...they build the only car in the world with 612 hp and 750 ft. lbs. of torque with massaging seats....oh and by the way that sells less then some of these overpriced GNX's rotting in garages....I would take the Benz over a 60 mile GNX all day long.....dollar for dollar.....you only live once .. you can take the car with you....

The GN and GNX are great but they still have brakes and wheels identical to my 2006 nissan frontier pickup of today......except my truck has rear discs and over 110 mph the windows suck in and it sounds like a hurricane in the car.....

I love them but there are too many cars out there too be obsessed with them.....

Mark

and that is YOUR opinion.

He could stick a stroked 454 Chevy in it... and if that car could be proven to be a GNX from the start... it is a GNX.

"My opinion..." :biggrin:

You purists offend the true hot-rodder who believes we can slash and cut anything we put our hands on... after all it is our car right? ;)

I enjoy your opinion. As I am sure you do everyone elses.:rolleyes:

GNX's, pssshh, Chevy beretta's FTW!;)
on a serious note, yes $80K for a None-original GNX is a little much and ill be surprised if he gets it. i would also love a GNX, but don't ever see the price ever making it worthwhile for a car you will keep in a garage. id rather get a nice condition regal that i can drive and not worry that im loosing money, but to each his own.

Ya well the purist thing is over done at times i think when you are dealing with a limited prodution car gn or gnx then you should leave some form of the original engine in the car like a 4.1 is fine in a gn but not a small block or big block chevy thats what regular regals are for paint it black add all the other odds and ends and the effect will be the same for a lot less $$$ especially if you are building a race car.. why chop and hack cars that are getting hard to find and screw up the value..In most cases if you build up just about any other g body youll increase the value if you execute it properly in my opinion any mod that can be easily undone is fine also just keep the original parts if so if you wanna put it back you can..Even gns that are racecars will go up in value as long as you leave some variation of a turbo six in it and do it right not half ass...Just my .02 ;)

The car is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it!

No it's not. A car is worth what other similar cars are selling for in the current market. If there are not other cars like it then cost to build with one off parts, rare options, rare color, custom work, etc.... None of which apply to a GNX.

I don't know why people continue to make that statement because it is simply false.

A car is not worth whatever someone wants to pay. If someone pays $80k for a car like that they simply got beat that's all.