#464? what a overpriced car!!!!! AGAIN!!

supply and demand

in 2005-2006 the first years Mercedes built the most powerful production car in the world...

a mercedes CL65 .. how many were built?

194 thats it... 194 both years.. this is impressive considering they built more Bugatti Veryons ...

the car retails now for around $50k... and had a sticker of $195k

demand? it is getting harder and harder to get one of these cars...

because nobody wants to sell them when they get them

why this car? because it stands for the ultimate in power... we all rate a car by the amount of HP and performance...if a GNX was slow and had zero performance ...we all would care less about it...

Well this Benz is the best of them all.... with the most balls...

This isn't the Benz post area... It is the GNX post area

:eek:

HTML:
I enjoy your opinion. As I am sure you do everyone elses.
Doesn't mean I can't poke fun at ya. Put a dual V8 looking exhaust on your car and I will openly chuckle at ya... I will! Trust me on that one... I am "Me."

Some of us didn't start with GNs and we began on Carburetor cars. In light of that fact those of us have moved forward in light years in regards to technology. Just pat us on the back ok? ;)

The GNX is the 1980's car to have if you are a car enthusiast. Yank your stock motor and transmission (Save them)... and drop in a Stage 2 motor since you have the bucks.

Say what you will but these cars are not coming down in price. We have '84/'85 owners out there attempting to get $13K or more for their cars! Who would have ever thought? :biggrin:

Supply and demand determines actual value.

If that was so then the GNX would go up in value every year. The last year it has dropped in value just as any Buick has. There has been no less demand for them and certainly no more of a supply.

I agree

There has been a drastic increase in demand for the GN rather the GNX.... the sales of GN'S have tripled in the last 60 days... GNX's are barely moving ...cheap or not....

take a look at the market...

I feel the GN will eventually get to the status of the GNX in the future....and I also think that the T's and mostly the Limiteds will demand good money as well....more so the Limited... it is like the bench seat LS6 and Hemi of yesterday that starting to bully the other cars in value recently...take a look

I do this for a hobby.. car values and so on....... i check all the deals at all the auctions as well

Mark

If that was so then the GNX would go up in value every year. The last year it has dropped in value just as any Buick has. There has been no less demand for them and certainly no more of a supply.

If people arn't willing to pay top dollar it creates a lack of demand. Which in turn forces the sellers to decrease the sale price or market value of the car. If the sellers refuse to come down in price and no one buys, does that increase the value fo the car? I don't think so.

Each GNX 'is what it is' and should be viewed as that. One thing is for sure since these cars had modifications done by hand they were not perfect from the factory. Over the last 22 years things happen! This is a great area of the board to discuss each car and what makes it unique.

Lets try to keep this thread on the topic of GNX #464. If we want to get on the subject of other cars, values, inflation, deflation, or supply/demand start another post!