4.96 @ 152.49

Dusty you **** looks good!
glad to see you back in the 4's are you going to ortc in ga?
good luck with the car

videos

Thanks Dusty! was looking for the video of your car on a solo run that cooks the rear passenger tire off in the 1/4 mile pass at night thanks .

Thanks Dusty! was looking for the video of your car on a solo run that cooks the rear passenger tire off in the 1/4 mile pass at night thanks .

That video was on streetfire. Titled Memphis Drag Radial Shootout. I can't get it to play so I assume it's no longer hosted.

It looked like the tire was smoking but it's really the smoke being blown out of the rear air pan. The air pan holds smoke from the burnout.

Yes they are!

We have been working on some new small 4 piston stuff for the drag race crowd, Dusty is doing some testing on some of our new products.

These are designed for the heavier radial cars, and guys that want to drive there cars on the street as well as the track. They feature 11" x 1.10" directionally vane rotors (so they are much thicker than most of the drag race stuff currently on the market).

I don't have weights in front of me, these will be a little heavier than the Wilwoods and Aerospace.

Aluminum caliper (clear anodized), aluminum brackets and 2pc rotors with aluminum hats. The calipers are pressure and dust sealed and the rear will be available with a singe caliper, or dual calipers for staging brakes.

More details to come soon :)

We should have these pics on Baer.com shortly! :)

Thx!
Rick

Rick, I assume you work for Baer. I was about to pull the trigger on some vented wilwood yesterday, but I hear they dont' fit behind the Billet Speciaties wheels. Maybe I'll wait and see what comes out from Baer. Those sound perfect for my car. Some street driving and a fairly heavy car. I'm running early GM front spindles on my car (67-69 camaro, a-body etc.) and early big for housing ends on the rear. Will you have kits for those?

Mike,

Yes, we sure will!!

The rear brackets currently are just for late model big (Torino), but we will be offering early as well. Our rear rotor is 11", so it is the smallest diameter of any rear drag race brake that I know of. I have templates if you want to test in the Billet Specialty wheels, but last time I sent one over to them they were excited about the release of these brakes as they should be no issue at all.

E-mail me direct for some info (RickE@Baer.com), we can talk further :) Don't want to steal Dusty's thunder :) LOL

Thx!
Rick Elam

Mike,

Yes, we sure will!!

The rear brackets currently are just for late model big (Torino), but we will be offering early as well. Our rear rotor is 11", so it is the smallest diameter of any rear drag race brake that I know of. I have templates if you want to test in the Billet Specialty wheels, but last time I sent one over to them they were excited about the release of these brakes as they should be no issue at all.

E-mail me direct for some info (RickE@Baer.com), we can talk further :) Don't want to steal Dusty's thunder :) LOL

Thx!
Rick Elam

It don't bother me. Carry on:biggrin:

Are those rear brakes something new from Baer? How much do they weigh?

The rears are about the same weight as the old single caliper disc system I pulled of. But this system will basically stop the car all by itself. All I need the front brakes for is a line lock to do a burnout:biggrin:

This dual caliper system is fantastic for staging the car. I can hold 4000 rpm with a very tight converter and it stops on a dime. I tested them unexpectedly at the last race. I had another racer loose control in the shutdown area and cross in front of me at over 100mph. I got on them so hard the car lost oil pressure from stopping so quickly....all the motor oil ran to the front of the pan even with the proper baffling in the pan.

The quality and final product is head and heals over any of the other 3 name brand drag race products I've seen.

Looks like the car is making some good power Dusty - way to go!

What master cylinder/bore size are you running with the dual caliper rears? I have an older Aerospace dual caliper rear setup with Wilwoods on the front of my green car. I'm running the largest bore MC I can get, residual pressure valves, etc and never have been able to get a real firm pedal. I've always assumed the extra volume of fluid required by the extra calipers was too much for a single MC. How's your pedal?

Those Baers look like a nice setup. I may have to look into those for my new project.

Looks like the car is making some good power Dusty - way to go!

What master cylinder/bore size are you running with the dual caliper rears? I have an older Aerospace dual caliper rear setup with Wilwoods on the front of my green car. I'm running the largest bore MC I can get, residual pressure valves, etc and never have been able to get a real firm pedal. I've always assumed the extra volume of fluid required by the extra calipers was too much for a single MC. How's your pedal?

Those Baers look like a nice setup. I may have to look into those for my new project.

Same thing here. I thought about increasing the line size from the mc to the rear calipers. I now have the largest bore mc that Strange offers but the line size is reduced at the mc.

It takes 1 pump to get a good firm pedal but I pump them 3-4 times before staging.

It may just be the volume to fill in one pump is just too much for a single mc.

Maybe you already know this trick, but did you reverse the ports on the MC? Front to the front brakes and rear to the rear brakes. The master cylinder is designed to move more fluid volume to the front brakes (rear port) in normal condition. Now that you have dual rear calipers you need more fluid volume in back.

Same thing here. I thought about increasing the line size from the mc to the rear calipers. I now have the largest bore mc that Strange offers but the line size is reduced at the mc.

It takes 1 pump to get a good firm pedal but I pump them 3-4 times before staging.

It may just be the volume to fill in one pump is just too much for a single mc.

That's exactly how mine is. The part that sucks the most is at shutdown - I hit the chute and pump the pedal once to get the pedal back before hitting it again.

I spoke to Aerospace about this and they suggest putting a tee-fitting in between the front and rear outputs on the MC to effectively tie it all together and give the rears more fluid volume. Of course you have to use a proportioning valve on the rears to balance it all out. I haven't taken the time to try it - mines been this way for years now so why hurry?