4.1 heads

MauDeuce50

Need Rehab for Boost Addiction
anyone run 8445 4.1 heads on a 3.8? any pros or cons? I have a set and was thinking about porting them for when I build my 3.8. Thanks

anyone run 8445 4.1 heads on a 3.8? any pros or cons? I have a set and was thinking about porting them for when I build my 3.8. Thanks

The 8445 Turbo 3.8 heads had Inconel Exhaust Valves .. which the 4.1's other 3.8's did not have.

They are the same valves in both the 8445 and the 293 heads. There is a slight difference in the water ports but besides that they booth have same valve trian Ect. and your source is ??

They are the same valves in both the 8445 and the 293 heads. There is a slight difference in the water ports but besides that they booth have same valve trian Ect. and your source is ??

Again the turbo 8445's have inconel exh valves the NA heads do not.. My source ... Go analyze both and tell me they are the same .. How sure are you? Enough to put some skin in the game?

Again the turbo 8445's have inconel exh valves the NA heads do not.. My source ... Go analyze both and tell me they are the same .. How sure are you? Enough to put some skin in the game?
Is This popcorn time, no I don't think so. Poor memory however sometime in 1988 I think , head problem and this inconel came up. Wrong valves from the factory on one head, not sure. However there is enough there for me to put my money on t-89

With all the "fake news" and internet BS floating around, you need to verify this or shut the hell up.

Should be easy enough, go to the 80's GM parts book and point out the Inconel valves listed for the turbo Buick engines only?

i have a few sets of stock heads here. is there any way to easily differentiate if they are inconel or not? i have heard of the exhaust valves as being different before also but I have no proof.

what are the markings I'm looking for ?

Attachments

• IMG_6152.JPG
    IMG_6152.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 63