3" Downpipe with built in Cutout that allows use of catalytic converter

dave82

I currently have a cutout on my exhaust in place of the catalytic converter, been on there for years. I would like to put a high flow cat back on the car though because the exhaust smell is just too strong. Especially when pulling in and out of the garage and working on it. The smell lingers on my clothes and the interior of the car. At the same time I don't want to lose the ability to open up the cutout. Anyone remember the Terry Houston "Jersey Style" downpipe? That's basically what I'm looking for.

Any vendors out there willing to make a 3" downpipe with a built in cutout near the bottom of the downpipe so that a catalytic converter can still be used? Even if made as a one time custom pipe? If so what would be the price? Need a stainless pipe that will be used with a stock internal wastgate.

Thanks

Maybe its just too rich........but I use cats on my car, because I also don;t like the fumes....Your hair will smell too if its that bad...and remain in your lungs for hours...

i think they use to call those Jersey dumps... and yeah it was a 3 bolt "header collector" type flange welded at the bottom of the downpipe - facing parallel to the ground. i dont know why they stopped making them... seems like a nice idea.

Maybe its just too rich........but I use cats on my car, because I also don;t like the fumes....Your hair will smell too if its that bad...and remain in your lungs for hours...

I think the car is running a little rich which doesn't help. I still haven't fixed the exhaust leak on the factory drivers side header which, if I remember correctly, can throw off the readings and function of the O2 sensor. I hope to take care of that issue really soon with a new set of stock style headers from TA Performance.