3.5" High-flow Cat Available??

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know where I can purchase a 3.5" high-flow (universal) cat for my GN? I can fab the ends so it doesn't HAVE to be a GN item only.
Conrad

Not sure about the 3.5"(maybe $250) but I think the 4" is 300 bucks.
Wish I could find a better deal I'd like to add a cat to my build.

$300 and Ran Tech doesn't even tell you what kind of core they use?

I hope random is charging $300 for a 3" 300 cell metallic spun cat, then I could finally finalize a deal to get some 200 cell cats and sell them on the board for around $150. Sizes would be between 3"-4". Like these randoms, You can cut the reducer ends to fit any size from original, all the way up to the size of the core, or center section from what I understand.

The are spun metal cores as far as i know. I have them on my car and even 2 in parallel slow it down from seat of the pants feel.

cats.JPG

Well given their oval shape I know their spun, but its the cell count that I wonder about. I just hope for those prices it isn't simply a 300 standard cell. Nice set up btw, looks like everything fits real nice. Welds look CLEAN! and the Vband setup, very nice!

But what made you decide to run 2 instead of 1?
What did Ramdom recommend in terms of location for best performance?

I have read debates on the location of these spun metallics cats, unlike the honeycomb substraights of the 'hi flow' past, these new spun cats need to be very close to the turbo off the DP or in the DP preferably. But I have never had confirmation on this.

Well since they only flow about 617 cfm each in parallel over 1200 cfm, which is still not enough for what i want to do, but for the steet they are ok. They don;t clean as good as a stock cat, but the car did squeak by the e test when i had to do it.