26 Deg On 91 Octane And Alky?

SPOOLIN

IM NOW RUNNING 20 DEG CHIP AT 22# NO KNOCK, STILL GOING HIGHER TILL ITS STARTS KNOCKIN. TURN ON POINT IS 14#. I ALSO HAVE THE RACE CHIP, WILL I BE ALRIGHT AS FAR AS TURN ON POINT CAUSING SLOWER SPOOL. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD GO WITH?

How do you guys do it. 21lbs boost on pump gas! Actually we dont have 94 at the pumps:(

WOW Chad! I hope I have the same results with mine! You also have the dual nozzle setup, right? Did you notice a considerable difference between the single nozzle and dual nozzle setups?

Originally posted by PsychoBuickBoy
WOW Chad! I hope I have the same results with mine! You also have the dual nozzle setup, right? Did you notice a considerable difference between the single nozzle and dual nozzle setups?

Before 91 octane, 70% iso, single nozzle - 20 psi boost, 17 degrees timing

After 91 octane, 70% iso, dual nozzle - 22 psi boost, 17 degrees timing
After 91 octane, 100% denatured, dual nozzle - 24-25 psi, 22 degrees timing

Before last year - 91 octane, 70% iso, 20 psi boost, 92 Thrasher:

12.40 @ 109

Best last year - 110 CAM 2, 26 degree race chip, 22 psi boost:

12.0 @ 113

Best this year - 91 octane, 100% denatured, 24 psi boost, 22 degree Extender, upgrade TE-44 to TE-51, upgrade stock MAF to 3.5" LS1 MAF and Translator:

11.84 @ 115

turbo

Chad,
For street driving how many lbs of boost do you run?

Do you use both nozzles?

Would two nozzles be overkill if you set your top limit at 20-21lbs of boost?

If so, at what boost do you trigger #1 and #2?

What size nozzles do you run in 1 and 2?

Have you even tried using SMC's nozzle for #1 and a NOS jet for #2...would that setup still have a tendency to bog if #2 came on around 20 lbs?

Thanks

Re: turbo

For street driving how many lbs of boost do you run?

24 psi with 91 octane.

Do you use both nozzles?

Yes, they run at the same time. It's setup with braided lines that "Y" the nozzles to the pump.

Would two nozzles be overkill if you set your top limit at 20-21lbs of boost?

Depends on the combo.

If so, at what boost do you trigger #1 and #2?

Both run at the same time. Both come on at 12 psi with 22 degrees timing. If running 17 degrees timing it comes on at 15 psi.

What size nozzles do you run in 1 and 2?

Both are 10's.

Have you even tried using SMC's nozzle for #1 and a NOS jet for #2...would that setup still have a tendency to bog if #2 came on around 20 lbs?

Nope. I see no need to do that. The dual nozzle setup is for more volume. It has a good spray pattern cause it's using 2 small nozzles instead of one larger one.

chads hurst olds

hey chad thats a nice hurst olds you have....i have 1 exactly like that doesnt run quite that good though...best i could get out of it was a 15.04@84.....it was about 110 out though....i think i could get a mid 14 out of it.....i have a black one too......in bout a million pieces....email me some more pictures of your car sometime Dustn2002@Hotmail.com......later

Re: chads hurst olds

Originally posted by 91stangGT
hey chad thats a nice hurst olds you have....i have 1 exactly like that doesnt run quite that good though...best i could get out of it was a 15.04@84.....it was about 110 out though....i think i could get a mid 14 out of it.....i have a black one too......in bout a million pieces....email me some more pictures of your car sometime Dustn2002@Hotmail.com......later

http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/

http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/Hurst/hurst.html

http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/multimedia/hurstmedia.html

Chad--Does one of the nozzles for the dual nozzle set up fit into the hole originally drilled for the single nozzle or do you need a new up-pipe? Thanks.

Originally posted by Look Quick
Chad--Does one of the nozzles for the dual nozzle set up fit into the hole originally drilled for the single nozzle or do you need a new up-pipe? Thanks.

One fits in the original hole and then I piped the other one up near the throttle body.

SMC alky

Chad speaks the truth. I have 2 SMC alky kits. I run MM 100 OCT chip 23.6 DEG timing and 25 LBs of boost, single nozzle. With no KR.

Nick