25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Trans Am Build

Why such a small turbo? :D
Can't wait to see this thing get down. Looks like a great project.

Stopped down at the shop today and snapped some more pictures.

Oil tank mounted and firewall completed

020zd.jpg

Dash fitted over the support structure for the Racepak IQ3 dash

032jd.jpg

forward bars tied into Racecraft K-member.

042ln.jpg

Started some intercooler piping. I guess the passenger gets a nice arm rest.

038mj.jpg

New shifter came in with provisions for the Rossler safe neutral and auto shifter

036zs.jpg

once again Ted saved me a ton of money by building this car so now I don't need to build one of my own, helping out is much cheaper :) looks great Ted Joe and the boys are doing a great job.
Mike

Beautiful build going on there. Joe and his crew do awesome work. My car spent the entire winter in his shop a year ago as he did my cage, turbo kit, mini-tubs, rearend, etc... Top shop for sure!

Between your car, Tom Kempf's car, and Greg Powrie's car, that shop is putting out some bad-to-the-bone F-bodys...

Tom Kempf's car - Stenod Performance Photo Gallery - Tom's "Money Shot" Drag Radial Formula

Here's a pic of mine...

Attachments

• TPG_6660 copy.jpg
    TPG_6660 copy.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,635
Nice build Ted. Very similar to my current project from the 25.3 to the 454 LSx.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-v8-conversions/321260-twin-turbo-buick-gs-project.html

Guess great minds think alike........

Will you car is looking REAL NICE!!! I've been watching that since you started your thread. It looks like we can both run at the same races if we want. Imagine that two different cars running with the same rules. I can't image how many pages a rule discussion would be for this at a Buick event... LOL :biggrin:

No kidding. Maybe we should just start our own class. Let's see..... you, me, Dusty, Louie, and I know there are several others. I've got the rules all ironed out - 2 doors and 4 tires (no titanium valve stems allowed without a 500# weight penalty)! :biggrin:

No kidding. Maybe we should just start our own class. Let's see..... you, me, Dusty, Louie, and I know there are several others. I've got the rules all ironed out - 2 doors and 4 tires (no titanium valve stems allowed without a 500# weight penalty)! :biggrin:

I like it. 315/60 at 3200#......bring it:D

I stopped by a couple days ago to drop off the ice/water tank and trans cooler. The front end was being mocked up. I finally took the stickers off the rear window and took a few more pictures. The oil tank is going to be moved back between the firewall and the shock tower on the passenger side to help give us more room for the BIG 118 turbo.... :eek:

003ng.jpg

005avp.jpg

No 275 radials here... ;)

007hcv.jpg

009ckt.jpg

Damn, that thing is coming together quicky, and nicely! Love this build, thanks for the updates! Merry Christmas!

Those All Pro heads should flow a little air!;):eek:

LOL, they move some serious air. :eek: ;) Kurt gave me the numbers and they are sick. They are a proprietary CNC job with special attention to some areas for our application. Dealing with Kurt has been something up to this point I never thought possible, he spends a lot of time with his customers when they are at the shop teaching why he does what. Some of the projects he has going down at the shop (going overseas) make mine look like a stock block build so I have no doubts his work will be all it should.