224 Stage I Single Turbo Buick V6 does the impossible. 8.76 @ 158.7

The car has always proved me wrong. So what do you think, Tony. Was I right on this one, or was I wrong? Is there a lot more than 1,230 Bhp in this engine? What's your guess? Is it different than the guess you had last year?

Along with the car we have also proved you wrong too and we have proved your analizing software wrong. Your just getting to understand this now. more boost the faster you go..... I never guess at an et or mph for your car I simply told you your combo is wrong and it still is because even with 1.8 sec till insane boost numbers and a 3200 lb car on slicks you still cant 60 ft the car or 330 the car. The TURBO IS TOO BIG even with a converter that slips 21 % and 400 hp in nitrous it still doesnt accelarate to the 330 if your happy with what its doing bravo for you, but dont look for a pat on the back from "us" in fact maybe just maybe you should leave "us" out of your posts in the past when you do this all goes smoothly ;)

X2 Keep pushing forward Mad Scientist! You continue to progress forward with you thinking outside of the box mentality. Most people only wish they had your patience in finding new ways to go fast... That Sir, is what makes your car stand out from all the rest. How many passes do you now have on that engine? A LOT,I know.... All because of attention to detail.... Stay the course Donnie.

Thanks, Ray. Don't worry about Tony. If I cared about what people like that thought, I never would have started this project. Ridicule is part of the game when you stray from the norm. Really, it's that way with anything in life.

I have 2 sons. As they were growing up, one was so controlled by peer pressure. It disturbed me to see how stressed it made him trying to fit in with the crowd. I tried to teach him to not be so concerned with what other people thought of him. Just do your own thing. Pursue what makes you happy. It wasn't until after high school that he began to see how unimportant it was what others thought of him. All the friends he tried so hard to please disappeared after high school. You can only truly count on family to be by your side when you're in need most.
A person like that is predictable in his actions.

The other son was interesting to watch growing up. He was definitely his own person. You could clearly see the difference between the two. He wasn't bothered at the least of what others thought of him as he pursued his own style. It may not always have been what pleased me :frown:, but it is very interesting to watch a person like that. You never know what he's going to do next.

See you next time at the track. :biggrin:

:) I also have two boys, thanks for describing them to a tee. lol. I must say though,they can't live without one another. You would think they were twins or something.
HTML:
See you on race day!

don, congrats on the new best. missed you at the WCN this year. we had a great time.

Anyways congrats and you deserve it and give yourself a pat on the back

don, congrats on the new best. missed you at the WCN this year. we had a great time.

Anyways congrats and you deserve it and give yourself a pat on the back
Thanks.
So,... any new bests for the hot air car?

I'm going to make it a primary goal to make the WCN next year. Should have a fresh engine with the new experimental fuel system on it by then.

Screw the naysayers Mr Wang!!

Do what you want and yes you can tell them" I told you so."

Way to go Donnie. On mostly homemade parts you should point out to those who dont follow your fabrication threads.

Coach:biggrin:

Way to go Donnie. On mostly homemade parts you should point out to those who dont follow your fabrication threads.

Coach:biggrin:
Thanks, Coach.
For those that may require to see a timeslip. The PB run is the link in my sig.

So now, you guys should be able to go to your favorite engine builders and tuners and tell them that you don't need fancy expensive heads and big stroker kits to do EIGHTS. And, don't let them tell you that it's because of all my homebuilt parts that I can muster an 8 out of this long block, because, keep in mind, like Tony said, everything is completely wrong about my combination. :wink:

Ridicule is part of the game when you stray from the norm. Really, it's that way with anything in life.

I think your confusing things a bit. Nobody is ridiculing you for straying from the norm. I absolutly love ingenuity. In fact, I am currently using NOS to spool a big turbo on an even smaller engine. Here's my interpretation of things, and Tony can correct me if I'm wrong:
When you were running 9's with this combination you were pretty excited and several people weren't impressed (I admit, I am one of those guilty of this). Most said the car should be running faster and that you had the wrong convertor. Now that you have run faster with 18-20% slip, you claim you are "doing the impossible" (your words). Yet, you just proved their point. I have tried to stay out of your many threads and advised others to not stir things up, too. I would recommend not trying to draw the "naysayers" into your threads, it just causes controversy and takes away from your intention.
I was hoping to see the car in person at the WCN. After watching the video, I see a lot left in it. Congratulations on your new best. Good Luck!

Cal is such a smooth talker. I agree completely.

Don - Congrats on a new best, I look forward to seeing what you do next.

I think your confusing things a bit. Nobody is ridiculing you for straying from the norm. I absolutly love ingenuity. In fact, I am currently using NOS to spool a big turbo on an even smaller engine. Here's my interpretation of things, and Tony can correct me if I'm wrong:
When you were running 9's with this combination you were pretty excited and several people weren't impressed (I admit, I am one of those guilty of this). Most said the car should be running faster and that you had the wrong convertor. Now that you have run faster with 18-20% slip, you claim you are "doing the impossible" (your words). Yet, you just proved their point. I have tried to stay out of your many threads and advised others to not stir things up, too. I would recommend not trying to draw the "naysayers" into your threads, it just causes controversy and takes away from your intention.
I was hoping to see the car in person at the WCN. After watching the video, I see a lot left in it. Congratulations on your new best. Good Luck!
It's refreshing to see that some do actually see, or are finally starting to see the potential. I've seen it all along, and tried my best to convey that feeling in all of my posts about my progress with the car. That's why I've kept plugging away at it. I just knew it was in it. Although, the car is now even surpassing what my wildest expectations were, and is now showing me that there's still more! :eek:
Excuse me for not being able to contain my excitement. Small careful steps may have seemed frustrating for most to watch, and I received my share of lashings for it, but I was on a true and steady course, with my eye on the big prize. It's cheaper that way, sometimes, and, more importantly, just draws out the fun.

Exactly, my point about drawing in negative feedback
Well, I can't say that my intentions were ever to draw negative feedback. That kind of oozed out of the woodwork from the very beginning when I layed out my original intentions for this project. Don't blame me for that.
My only intention from the start was to show people what I was doing, and maybe stir some grey matter out there to think outside the box and maybe come up with new and exciting discoveries of their own. If that is considered drawing negative feedback, then I'm sorry, but I intend to keep doing it.