2 sets of pretty schweet Mics 1~4" and 1~6"

earlbrown

runs with scissors
Iv'e got one set of vintage Starrett mics (Sold by Sears back in the day, so the box has 'Craftsman' on the lid) 1~4" that looks to never have been used. Comes with standards, a hard case with brass hinges and latches (that work) lined in black crush velvet. The only way this set could be more pimp is if the lining was Dogs Playing Poker. :) $250
20180629_155855.jpg

Next is a brand new old stock from the Air Force set of 1~6" Sheer-Tumico vernier mics with standards and calibration disk in a hardwood case. These will read 1/2 of 10/1000th's. The are a back up set I keep at the house and they've never been used. I just took them out of the plastic to verify the calibration and oil them with Starrett oil and put some furnuture oil on the wood case. $350
20180629_155823.jpg

These are just like the set I use when I do builds at the house like when I did my rod piston swap a year or so ago....
https://turbobuick.com/threads/how-...r-what-things-weigh-and-how-to-fix-it.437699/

Attachments

• 20180629_155823.jpg
    20180629_155823.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
i would like the craftsman/ starrett set for 250 plus shipping if the first guy don't take them

Earl,

I'd love to buy the Starrett mics. Do you think you can do $250 shipped?

Thanks
Neal
Yeah, I can do that for you if you use 'friends and family', Neil. Shipping on the Starretts won't be near as bad as that heavy 6 mic set.

If that's cool, F&F two fiddy to earlbrown@mindspring.com and PM me your shipping address and I send the tracking number back to you.

sounds good

Neal said he want's the small set. We've known each other on here for quite a while now so his word is all I need.

If you'd like the larger vernier set I can work with you somehow. Split shipping or something. It shouldn't be that bad since we're both on the east coast.

I understand he was first anyway. what would be your bottom line on the larger set?

If you want them today, I'll cover shipping like I did for Neal. (only in this case, it'll hurt because the white cedar case alone is pretty stinkin' heavy)

You'll be hard pressed to find a better deal on 6 name brand, brand new, quality mics with standards, calibration certificate and a case for that.