1" through 6" set of mics in a wooden case.

earlbrown

runs with scissors
Since i need to raise money for my forged piston project I'm looking for stuff to convert to cashola... These have been my living room mics for a while now and I've noticed I've been using them as a TV tray more than measuring stuff lately. :)

These are retired U.S. Air Force gobment mics Made by Scherr-Tumico, The box has scratches and shelf wear on the bottom but from the looks of the frames (and lack of wear) I think they just sat on a shelf and grew dust for quite a while.

It's all six mics, a set of standards, the 1" disk, and a wrench to calibrate them when the temp changes. the standards have minor pitting most likely from finger oils, but they still work just fine.

They also have a vernier scale so they can read down to .00005" (1/2 of a 10th of 1000th of an inch)

They will measure everything in out Buick engines and then some. There's noting they largest mic can measure on a 3.8 or 4.1. Much like a truck, it's always better to have more than not enough. ....and by 'truck' I mean women. :D

$250 plus shipping. Since these are too big to go flat rate, I'll have to have a zip code to keep from overcharging on postage. They'll be wrapped and put into a larger box, then shipped from 30240.

photo1843-jpg.275700

Attachments

• Photo1847.jpg
    Photo1847.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Photo1843.jpg
    Photo1843.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Photo1845.jpg
    Photo1845.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 76
Just the calipers? Does it include the standards?

It's all six mics, a set of standards, the 1" disk, and a wrench to calibrate them when the temp changes. the standards have minor pitting most likely from finger oils, but they still work just fine.

I'm guessing it comes with the standards from reading the add. I could be wrong though.
It wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last I'm sure.

it does come with the standards. you can barely not see them on the left side of the case in the middle. That's what the horizontal slots are for.

it does come with the standards. you can barely not see them on the left side of the case in the middle. That's what the horizontal slots are for.

I was going to tell him you had no standards because I've seen some of the women you slept with, but I figured you wanted to make a sale and I wanted to help you out.

I was going to tell him you had no standards because I've seen some of the women you slept with, but I figured you wanted to make a sale and I wanted to help you out.

Pffft yeah OK!!!! Says the guy in the glass house.....

I still have them. I need to get up to the Harbor Freight in Newnan soon. We might be able to meet up and let you put your hands on them.

I might need to get you down here soon too. One of my boys needs gutters and I was going to try and let you do my house and his at the same time but the damn bees drilled up my fascia boards so I gots another damn project to add to the list! LOL

Last edited:
Well i am only a mile away from Harbor Freight...you can check out my new garage while you are here.