1st time out in 2 years, new 1/8 PB

HalfDozIN

I wrote a novel, but decided against it because you'd all fall asleep before you got through it.

Long story still long: If you buy the cheap TR, you're going to get to fix it enough to have just bought a nicer one to begin with. I am, after almost 3 years, intimately familiar with intercooled turbo Buicks, and I still haven't started on cosmetics.

As of driving the car on the trailer Wednesday night I had:
4l80e swap since the last pass 2 years ago
Engine swap, completed 2 weeks ago
1 WOT pull
Plenum gasket replacement, 1 week ago.
1 more brief WOT pull
Unplanned fuel regulator swap on Monday (thanks much Kip)
1 last brief pull, between unending rain showers.

I made 3 passes, it got quicker each time, and in the first round of Buick Street, it made it's best 1/8 mile pass to date, of 7.39 at 92 mph.

20/18 timing, 18 psi, struggling to keep it rich enough. I have nagging issues to fix before pushing any harder, but I drove it on the trailer on 6 cylinders, and overall I'm pretty pleased. I have no doubt it'll go very bottom 7's on straight 93, and will give me the high 6/10 second pass with octane that I've been looking for.

1000003587.jpg

Very nice:cool:

Keep plugging away and the times will drop with seat time and watch that tune close!!

Very nice:cool:

Keep plugging away and the times will drop with seat time and watch that tune close!!
thanks, and yes that is the plan. I don't intend to race it without taking logs anymore, just a last minute laptop crash kept me out of it this week. I could have probably gone a little further with that data, but I wrapped it up before I hurt anything since I didn't have it with me.