1987 TBI transplant onto 1963 Impala -- Need serious wiring help

I am going to the yard. Will post in a few hours with pics of what I have.
Spoke too soon. Just started raining cats and dogs here. Will be a while longer.

Last edited:
Sorry for delay. have brought a vehicle home to strip; a lot nicer weather here than at my yard. Going to snow there soon.
Here is a link to the pics of the vehicle I am stripping, and the harness where it comes through the firewall.

http://1drv.ms/1Gjbeby

Does that look like what you need? What parts of the harness under the hood do you need, if any?
I am removing the engine tomorrow, then will start stripping the harness.

my Dad found the wire harness, i forgot that he took it out of the van.

but i still need the
1- coil w/bracket and wires to distributor.
2- temperature sensor on the driver side head
3- VAN thermostat housing
3- the flat thing that plugs next to the ECM -- i think it's called spark control thing????

Last edited:
my Dad found the wire harness, i forgot that he took it out of the van.

but i still need the
1- coil w/bracket and wires to distributor.
2- temperature sensor on the driver side head
3- the flat thing that plugs next to the ECM -- i think it's called spark control thing????

I will grab these items for you, send pics of all, want to make sure the "spark control thing" is the right part. What are these parts worth?
I have to go across the line soon to pick up some parts I ordered from intercooled88s, like early next week sometime. Would be the time to ship for me, especially when the parts arent worth much.

I will grab these items for you, send pics of all, want to make sure the "spark control thing" is the right part. What are these parts worth?
I have to go across the line soon to pick up some parts I ordered from intercooled88s, like early next week sometime. Would be the time to ship for me, especially when the parts arent worth much.
Waiting on you

are you referring to the spark control module? Info from internet says after 90 it is part of the ecm. I have the coil assembly and the sensor. All of my trucks except 1 are newer than that. I removed the engine from the older truck, so if the module is not located on the engine it may still be there. Do you know where it is located?
Can you google up a picture of it?
I will grab parts today. If it is on a newer truck it is sitting here at my house, if on the older one I will go grab it. I know what it looks like on the older truck I think, but I thought it was on the bracket with the MAP sensor?

The white box that is attached to the ECM is the DRAC. If the axle ratio in the donor vehicle is different from the van, then a matching DRAC from a vehicle will be needed to for correct speed calibration, or you can modify the existing DRAC.

are you referring to the spark control module? Info from internet says after 90 it is part of the ecm. I have the coil assembly and the sensor. All of my trucks except 1 are newer than that. I removed the engine from the older truck, so if the module is not located on the engine it may still be there. Do you know where it is located?
Can you google up a picture of it?
I will grab parts today. If it is on a newer truck it is sitting here at my house, if on the older one I will go grab it. I know what it looks like on the older truck I think, but I thought it was on the bracket with the MAP sensor?
I am not familiar with the k vehicles I am only familiar with the vans

Last edited: