1987 TBI transplant onto 1963 Impala -- Need serious wiring help

As it says
I am in the middle of transplanting a 87 TBI engine into my Dad's 1963 Impala.
I need to get a wiring diagram that includes the bulkhead that connects to the firewall, fuel system relays and switches.
Thanks
David

Is it a bubble top 409 car just kidding what is the engine out of are you needing wiring harness for the impala or what the engine is out of?

Gearhead EFI forums has all the diagrams, binarys, bin defs, and support to get the TBI going.

What ECM, '7747?

Have pics of the 63? That is one of my all time favorites. Had my first date in one!

I looked at them, but being severely wiring eliterate. It be easier for me to cough up for a wiring harness and get this part of the project done.

TBI wiring is one of the easiest swaps. Usually the Orange wire on the bulkhead is battery, or constant power, and the pink/black wires are powered when the ignition is on. Fuel pump wiring can be wired to pass through the bulkhead connector or hot-wired to the alternator, fused and relay in place as well. Component grounds should be intact and those can be re installed in the original locations. There is the battery powered connections located at the starter terminal, there is also another wire(purple/white iirc?) For sensing cranking. The latter is optional. HTH

TBI wiring is one of the easiest swaps. Usually the Orange wire on the bulkhead is battery, or constant power, and the pink/black wires are powered when the ignition is on. Fuel pump wiring can be wired to pass through the bulkhead connector or hot-wired to the alternator, fused and relay in place as well. Component grounds should be intact and those can be re installed in the original locations. There is the battery powered connections located at the starter terminal, there is also another wire(purple/white iirc?) For sensing cranking. The latter is optional. HTH
Thanks for the info. I am going to give it a shot this coming week I can't find something prewired.

I have a few tbi engined wrecks in my yard. The oldest is an 89, could pull the harness for you. As has been stated already, very simple wiring.
Do you have the ecm? I could send you one of those as well. And every sensor still attached, etc. You get the idea. Have tbi parts all over the place.
Just sad, really.

the set up came out of MY 1987 chevy G20 -- I scrapped the body and forgot to pull the dash side of the harness
Needed short list
1- coil with bracket and short wire with plugs for the ignition
2- dash side harness with aldl port and fuse block
3- Van thermostat housing.

coil, bracket and wires to the distributor are easy enough. Have them in a box somewhere. The dash side wiring harness is a different story. you just want the fuseblock and wires to the firewall? Never removed this side of harness before. Does it also go to the ecm? Do I need to remove the dash? Have a few trucks to choose from. I assume it wont matter as long as it is a 87-94 TBI?
Sorry about all the questions, just want to figure out how much work required so I can make the time to do it. My trucks are stored at another property an hour away from my house. Because I have 20 vehicles at home already, had to get another place. My wife loves that. Really she does.

hope this helps

Attachments

• G95638.gif
    G95638.gif
    95 KB · Views: 55
  • G95639.gif
    G95639.gif
    139.9 KB · Views: 68
  • G95640.gif
    G95640.gif
    143.7 KB · Views: 47
  • G95641.gif
    G95641.gif
    135.3 KB · Views: 51
  • G95642.gif
    G95642.gif
    119.6 KB · Views: 55
coil, bracket and wires to the distributor are easy enough. Have them in a box somewhere. The dash side wiring harness is a different story. you just want the fuseblock and wires to the firewall? Never removed this side of harness before. Does it also go to the ecm? Do I need to remove the dash? Have a few trucks to choose from. I assume it wont matter as long as it is a 87-94 TBI?
Sorry about all the questions, just want to figure out how much work required so I can make the time to do it. My trucks are stored at another property an hour away from my house. Because I have 20 vehicles at home already, had to get another place. My wife loves that. Really she does.
The driver side plug does NOT go to the ECM it does go to the fuse block, all and ignition