1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Damn, not wasting any time are you?? Keep the pics coming.Are you staying with stock suspension? When I was switching to the TRZ stuff, I couldn't believe the weight savings over stock.

Do Not Put TRZ parts on ,I got set there a-arms before my BMR's,TRZ's Way to Small for Handling,Drag Race Only! Plus with the way he arc's them, They Will Contact your Downpipe!!! TRZ is constantly getting parts back to fix. I'm speaking from Experience. That guy ripped me off $300 for BS re-stocking fee when he saw nothing fit my GrandNational like he clamed it would, He won't even work on Grand Nationals, leave him to the Malibo's...

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of TR's with that installed or even hood pins to see what it looks like. I was thinking of satin black hood pins to match the blackout package myself.

There's pics of my newly installed Hotchkis hood pins in this thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/356822-dyno-day-las-vegas.html
The Hotchkis are unfortunately the worlds most expensive hood pins. I wish I would have seen the ones Dave posted sooner... I like those a lot.

Would you please run this car here an take couple HD mini cameras??? heh, It'd Be Awsome

01 Army Nextel Cup Car Runs in the 2010 Sandhills Open Road Challenge SORC - YouTube

Here's my video at Arnold before they repaved it and made it so a NASCAR car can run it (the ones that tried before the road was repaved gave up and went home) Compare the cowpath I'm driving on with the smooth as glass road in the Optima video.

I'm limited to 140mph max and running real street tires while the Optima car wasn't. My video is only about 8-10 seconds slower through the first 4 miles.

[video=youtube_share;7GPY_vFIGnY]http://youtu.be/7GPY_vFIGnY[/video]

So, few day old update but I forgot to post it. The exhaust, brake lines, fuel lines, trans lines etc, are completely done! The brace connecting the rear of the car together and the reworking of the sc&c triangle brace up front need to be done. Other than that, the underside is finished!

The exhaust was ceramic coated black from the down pipe down to the exhaust flange. Then the exhaust itself is stainless 2.5, polished and jet hot coated silver. It looks almost like chrome and will reduce the heat quite a bit. There was an insane amount of work to make it fit with the watts-link. I can't believe the amount of work actually. But having an exhaust over the axle was one of the top priorities I had after being dissatisfied with a turn down system on a previous car. I couldn't be happier with the way it came out.

The pictures are a tad old so the few odds and ends not hooked up are now attached

IMG_0636.jpg
IMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0638.jpg
IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg

Dave, I stopped by today. Everything is looking good. I re-clocked the turbo a tad to give you a little better alignment with the intercooler and wastegate actuator. I'll be back next week or so to run vacuum lines and electrical.

hello; dsapper I read your reworking the SC&C brace and maybe you could get in touch with them to show and tell your mods. I recently got that brace and it's a no go with the PT&E SLICK. In talking with them they where saying they would need a test bed to design the brace if it didn't fit with the PT&E. It would be nice to have one fit with no mods as it's not cheap. It's alot to ask and I don't know of I would do it if I was in your shoes but it would be nice.
your TB is coming out tops.
IBBY

its so simple that its not even funny jlat. All they have to do is cut out the middle bar and make it curve down 3 inches lower, seriously the worst fabricator in the world could do it in 10 minutes with a tube bender and a welder. They know how to do it, its just so niche that its not worth it to produce it. Honestly if you have it take it to a muffler shop and have them do it, doubt they would charge you 50 bucks

its so simple that its not even funny jlat. All they have to do is cut out the middle bar and make it curve down 3 inches lower, seriously the worst fabricator in the world could do it in 10 minutes with a tube bender and a welder. They know how to do it, its just so niche that its not worth it to produce it. Honestly if you have it take it to a muffler shop and have them do it, doubt they would charge you 50 bucks
hello; I know you'll post a pic.when your brace is installed along with more of your TB updates. I still like to see the SC&C brace work straight out the box for either a stock equiped TB or one with a oversized SLIC. If it's that easy SC&C should be able to offer both. Now from what you say I think I'll keep the brace as I still have it and mess with it in the future.
thanks
IBBY

Does anyone know what year/model a windshield with an integrated antenna came in that will fit our car. My glass guy supposedly knew but now is not. Any help would be appreciated. Also, scott mentioned that the jug with the alkycontrol kit isn't to great and recommended I use the coolant overflow or another container and install an aftermarket coolant overflow. Anyone have any pictures of different ones to get an idea?

My '78 Malibu has the antenae in the windshield. Don't know if they interchange or not though.

~JM~

Brace diagram1Pro-tour Frame Mod GN.jpgBrace diagramPro-tour Frame Mod GN.jpg

Since no roll-cage, Here's the next best thing,make your body the cage,everything colored is an add-on

Enjoy!

Are you using Razor Alcky Kit? His uses the coolant overflow bottle setup.

Yeah, I misspoke apparently. I meant anyone have pictures of an aftermarket coolant overflow bottle to replace the one razor sends with his kit.

View attachment 146199View attachment 146200

Since no roll-cage, Here's the next best thing,make your body the cage,everything colored is an add-on

Enjoy!

Not sure how much you have been following the thread up until now but I've got more structural reinforcement than any car has a right to have. All factory welds have been ground and rewelded, all weak spots have been plated or boxed, the frame c-channels have been boxed it, both lower and upper control arm mounts have been braced and all spring pockets, mounts have been rewelded. Besides that I have both behind the seat braces, the x radiator brace, the lca braces and am having a custom bar made on the frame mount we welded on for the rear. And have the sc&c brace being modified to clear the pte slic.

My car is as rigid as a 16 year old kid at the playboy mansion

hello; dsapper, It might be time to start your sig. on exactly what's been done to your TB. I don't remember every thing you've done and as there has been alot so a list would be good to have. Also it saves repeating yourself and looking at past posts.
thanks. How's that SC&C mod comming along?
IBBY