1983 So Cal turbo for sale

SoCal83Turbo

Ok the run down: Selling project - could be driven daily if you can figure out why secondaries do not open.
Purchased car in 2004. Since then:

New suspension - hardly driven - Ball joints, bilsteins, spings, tie rods, etc.
Rebuilt heads, rebuilt transmission 2004r, rebuilt correct carb (after location here in so cal).
The car is complete and starts right up. The secondaries are not opening. The turbo could be the issue. The car is not registered or smogged - project car. Was a once in a whiloe weekend driver up until 2009.
As of recent - in April 2009 - New spark plugs and wires, rebuilt gear box, fuel pump, fixed wiring in engine compartment, and other misc items, and rebuilt carb.

I would like to get $3,500 obo - alot has been put into this car. Comes with shop manual and OTC 2000. The car is pretty straight - painted grey from previous owner. Original color - I believe from engine compartment badge - is two tone Black and Gray. Trunk interior color is black as are the door jams - original. The color gray on there sucks and is peeling.

PM for questions.

Could not post pictures but look here for previous post of pictures. Just scroll half ways down first sheet.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/before-black-non-sfi-tech/242869-post-pics-your-carbed-turbo-regals.html

$3,500 obo - Located in Santa Clarita California. Not registered or smogged. Would have to towed - but does start right up and idles smooth. Just not legal to be on road. Dues paid to DMV - just need smog and insurance.

Irocs not on car - original wheels only.

Sorry to hear this. You're to far away for me but you need to post this in the for sale section to get some more action. Wish you'd come back more often and I may be able to help you with the secondaries not opening. Is there a lot of resistance if you take your finger and try to open the top cover on the secondaries? If there is you just need to lighten up the spring pressure some to allow them to open properly. Check some of my other threads and I'll be adding info on them later if you still have the car.

I worked on the secondaries - even took the carb to be rebuilt and still no secondaries opening. I do hear the turbo spool but not turbo boost. This car has been a love hate relationship. I guess I will never buy another carb car again. In California smog laws suck and every other year the carb had to be cleaned. I will stick with fuel injection from now on. I will keep the car if no buyers but I will eventually drop a fuel injected engine. I really hate to sell her because so much has been done.

I really did not want to post in for sale section because I assume that Love for Carb turbos is on the low end.

I did forget to metion that the car shuts off when the secondaries do open - kind of scary trying to stop. But that was only when I removed the clip that locks the secondary to open.

Send me a PM and I should be able to help you some. Sounds like you have a vac problem or posibly a fuel issue. I'm off Sunday and will be doing some updates to the carb thread I started about a week ago. You might want to check it out and keep an eye on it for the future.