1982 GN Question

Keep in mind Buick V6 engines are built nothing like a Chevy engine. Chevy engines are more forgiving. Buick engines are not.

Still curious--if you want a powerful yet streetable Buick V6, why are you wanting to complicate things on your first build with twin turbos and all the custom headers and plumbing associated with it? If you drop in an entire '86-'87 drivetrain with computer and wiring harness like I mentioned earlier in this thread, you'll be in the low 14s in the 1/4 mile and for not much more $$$ you can have it doing 12s or better. Yeah, this setup is common in turbo Buicks but *not* in '82 Grand Nationals. That would make a pretty special car even more special IMO. Not to mention, you don't want to get too wild with a T-top car anyway.

And you'd still have to get the turbo intake, turbo plumbing, turbo ECM, the wiring harness for a turbo car.....

Perhaps your best bet would be to find someone with a turbo car that is either too rusted to work with or is wrecked but still runs and drives.....then transfer everything.

yeah thats going to be easy to do finding a lc2 in good shape time to hit the junkyards if i cant find nothing soon then it will just have to be a 350 in it and later down the road i can switch it to a lc2

Why not just put your money towards the goal instead of thinking about just driving the car??? Just do what you REALLY want to do with the car. I've seen complete LC2 drivetrains with ecm and harness go for $2,000. Just hold out for it, it will come. Any tard can throw a smoking, leaky, greasy 350 in a car with junkyard accessories and some "make it go faster orange paint." An LC2 under the hood would just be really cool on one of those cars now thinking about it!

You could always just drop in another V6 for now until you find an LC2. At least that would be easier than setting it up for a V8. And a stock carbed V6 shou;d come avaliable as a whole engine for not much money. My 2 cents.

How much could you buy a hemi cuda for in 1983?

$4800. Saw an old ad from '83, a '70 Hemi Cuda was going for $4800. Who would've known?

thats bad a$$ i wont to do a frame off but i dont have the space or time for that. was it hard to get that body off

It wasn't hard, just tedious and time consuming. I'm glad I did it though. Do it right or don't do it at all was what the wife said. As long as I have it back together in a reasonable time frame we will both be happy;)

lol yeah man i want today to about 10 junkyards and none of them had anything for 82 with t-tops acouple had the regular one none had the 3.8 or 4.1

A friend has an 83 limited he is parting out if you need any odds and ends. it's a v8 car so no motor for ya:frown:

The boneyards must be drying up. I remember a short 11, 12, 13 years ago some friends and I used to scour boneyards all the time. It was like a treat to us. There always seemed to be an abundance of G body cars and even late 70's old iron. Lots of smog 350's and 3.8's to chose from. I'll bet now if I went back there's probably nothing but FWD cars. And that's if they even let me pick my own parts.

Did you ask the guys there if they had any engines? I believe a lot of times they pull the engines and trannies and sell them separate from the car.

used to be all over the place here too. The fricken circle track guys took all the good ones and stripped and cut them and made them into race cars, been a few gn's and ttypes out on the track too from what I've heard. I couldn't imagine how many 3.8, 4.1, 4 speed trans, and other good parts that some of us kill to find have been tossed in the garbage. makes me sick:mad: I have one guy that has been letting me pick at his cars before he takes them apart. I should start stockpiling everything I can in case someone needs it but I have no space for it:(

yea there was only one 3.8 and it was for the fwd garbage. ima see and go to dallas and hit up some other junkyards

yup no luck either in dallas im going to have find one thats been rear ended or something and some one is parting out

Any one know a website that i can buy interior parts like the A-pillars and stuff like yall know anyone that makes a gauge holder for the A-pillar or do you have to custom make that

trust me i would much rather build a lc-2 then a 350 but ive searched over 15 junkyards and couldent find anything, one guy laughed at me when i told him what i was looking for