18s & 20s?

Attachments

• gangsta_pen_chances_cover.jpg
    gangsta_pen_chances_cover.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 886
I've seen 18's pulled off but every 20" wheel combo i've seen has looked horrible. Good luck.

But I am being serious, if you don't like it, fine. Keep negative thoughts to yourself. My question was about fitment, not if you liked it.

That's fine.. if you want to put those wheels on a Gbody then go buy a beat up Cutlass and pimp that.. don't destroy a turbo regal like that...

I have 20's on my gn and the front wheels rub when turning and when the suspension travels up and down. The back is fine but I did have to roll the finders. I run 20/9 up front and 20/10.5 in the rear.

P.S. they'll look great in black.

Thanks GNJay

What size tires are you running in the back and what offset are you running? I want to run 18's in the front. Are you running at stock height or did you lower it? I was thinking of running 20x8.5 in the rear with a 235/40r20 or 255/35r20 tire and 18x7.5 in the front with a 235/45r18 tire- not too wide-I don't want the wheels to stick out past the fenders.

I agree.. never abuse or destroy a classic car like a turbo buick. save the
"20's" for a cutlass or monte.

I run 305-25 out back and 255-30 up front. The car has stock springs and shocks. I think they sit low because they're old

P.S. my wheels don't stick out past the finders. I just didn't want to chance cuting the tires when I throw my slicks on.

ruin?

I fail to see how putting different than stock wheels are going to ruin my GN. If and when I decide to sell it, I can always put the stock wheels tires and springs back under it. In my personal opinion I don't care for the Centerline or Weld wheels alot of the guys are running on their cars. But it is just that, my personal opinion and I do not push it on anyone else. I like to customize and make vehicles my own. I prefer the look with large wheels, brakes and lowered stance. My car is to far gone to be returned to "stock" and I might as well have some fun with it, afterall that is what I bought it for. Going to drive it and use it. You want to "rescue" it, buy it from me and you can do whatever you want to it.:rolleyes:

I fail to see how putting different than stock wheels are going to ruin my GN. If and when I decide to sell it, I can always put the stock wheels tires and springs back under it. In my personal opinion I don't care for the Centerline or Weld wheels alot of the guys are running on their cars. But it is just that, my personal opinion and I do not push it on anyone else. I like to customize and make vehicles my own. I prefer the look with large wheels, brakes and lowered stance. My car is to far gone to be returned to "stock" and I might as well have some fun with it, afterall that is what I bought it for. Going to drive it and use it. You want to "rescue" it, buy it from me and you can do whatever you want to it.:rolleyes:

you must be young.. I have waited over 17 years to finally get a turbo car.. I was 17 when the 87's were in the showroom floors, I have been a fan of them for almost 20 years.... If you want a Gn then do what the rest are doing, restoring them and making them faster. Putting stupid 20 inch wheels on that car is a disgrace. Sounds like you DON'T deserve one or should not even have one. since you are already talking about "if I sell it later". Like I said before, go buy a $200 Cutlass and put your dubs on it and put some gold in your grill... DON'T DISGRACE A TURBO REGAL!

You people kill me, 20" is ghetto/bros wheels? Whats a harley truck then? I had 20" on a jetta as a daily driver, and have put 20" on many cars w/o lookin ghetto. Its the style not the size. Leave lexanis, and all the chrome piles for the Montes and V8 regals. Mesh wheels, and simple spoked wheels make things better. Color not chrome, and polished lips for everyone.

To answer the orig question;
A 275/30-20 wont change any dimension critical to the car, except sidewall height for a "comfortable ride"....aka slop in the turns. Its still VERY close to the OEM diam, and a 245/35-20 is the front size that will fit a 20" To do this set-up w/o scrubbing, Foose recommends a 4" back spacing on a 20x8 front wheel, and a 20x10 rear wheels gets a 5.25 back spacing. This is from MHT/Foose themselves where I have been talking w/ them on a better fit than just bolting big chromies up.

BTW, I am in my mid 30s also, I am doin 20"s, and I dont have a gold grille, or any "ghetto" qualities. Like it or not, the Foose style is in, the sacred GNs are still just cars. (I waited 17 years to get mine also btw) I wish this community was more open minded, and not so much like the import "all knowing & all judging types."
GC

for the record...

I am 32 years old. Not some kid, it's not the age, but the mileage. The Grand National has always been my dream car- since I was a kid in junior high. I have always wanted one. Now I have one, granted it is rougher than I expected it to be, but I still love it. To say that I don't deserve it is an insult, if you knew how much I had to sacrifice to finally be able to say I own a Grand Nation, you would not make such statements. Luckily I have a wonderful wife who understands how much the car means to me and pulled some strings to free up the money so we could buy it. While she is not into cars herself, she sees how passionate I am and supports me whole heartedly.

I have the stock wheels and tires, I also have a set of GTA wheels and tires. I am not into gold grillz and ghetto fabulous style- but I do respect the tastes and creativity of others, even though I may not agree with them. There was a guy on the board a while back that had a T-type going by the name of HybridT. I dig the hell out of his car, the GNX flares, lowered stance and 20" wheels. Alot of work and time went into creating that car.

I have no desire to sell my car, the point I was making is that the modifications I am doing are not permanent, if I want to roll stock all it takes is a few minutes and a floor jack and the car would be back to stock appearing. Had my car been a low mileage, garage kept perfect specimen- I would never even dream of changing it. But the truth is my car was treated like someone's step-child in its early years and it would cost more than it is worth to completely restore it to showroom condition.

What is your opinion of the guys that tub the cars, run narrowed rearends, stage II engines and put in cages and run upwards of 1000 horsepower? Those are permanent changes of the car, but it is still pretty sweet to see them pull sub 10 second passes-right? The fact is, they are cars- cool cars, but cars none the less. They should be enjoyed by the owners. If you don't like the style, fine. Please respect the tastes and desires of others to keep the sport and Turbo Buick community enjoyable.

If you have a showroom condition, low mileage garage queen- congratulations. For some of us, that just isn't in the cards.

I am 32 years old. Not some kid, it's not the age, but the mileage. The Grand National has always been my dream car- since I was a kid in junior high. I have always wanted one. Now I have one, granted it is rougher than I expected it to be, but I still love it. To say that I don't deserve it is an insult, if you knew how much I had to sacrifice to finally be able to say I own a Grand Nation, you would not make such statements. Luckily I have a wonderful wife who understands how much the car means to me and pulled some strings to free up the money so we could buy it. While she is not into cars herself, she sees how passionate I am and supports me whole heartedly.

I have the stock wheels and tires, I also have a set of GTA wheels and tires. I am not into gold grillz and ghetto fabulous style- but I do respect the tastes and creativity of others, even though I may not agree with them. There was a guy on the board a while back that had a T-type going by the name of HybridT. I dig the hell out of his car, the GNX flares, lowered stance and 20" wheels. Alot of work and time went into creating that car.

I have no desire to sell my car, the point I was making is that the modifications I am doing are not permanent, if I want to roll stock all it takes is a few minutes and a floor jack and the car would be back to stock appearing. Had my car been a low mileage, garage kept perfect specimen- I would never even dream of changing it. But the truth is my car was treated like someone's step-child in its early years and it would cost more than it is worth to completely restore it to showroom condition.

What is your opinion of the guys that tub the cars, run narrowed rearends, stage II engines and put in cages and run upwards of 1000 horsepower? Those are permanent changes of the car, but it is still pretty sweet to see them pull sub 10 second passes-right? The fact is, they are cars- cool cars, but cars none the less. They should be enjoyed by the owners. If you don't like the style, fine. Please respect the tastes and desires of others to keep the sport and Turbo Buick community enjoyable.

If you have a showroom condition, low mileage garage queen- congratulations. For some of us, that just isn't in the cards.
I would hope a big tire stage motor would go faster than 10's:biggrin: Its all about respect for a classic car.. that's all. If you want to put those wheels on your car.. then do it.. its your money and will have to be seen in it. I have seen Gn's and T's with big wheels on them and they look terrible. plain and simple .. cut and dry. Now a race wheel like a Weld ALumastar 2.0 looks great( which a have a new set of) but then again they are only 15 inch. The G body has long been associated with the "ghetto look" have you ever been to a low riding contest? switches here, hydraulics there... The Buick turbo cars is all we have left to set us apart from the trash. I adore my car and other who have the same respect for their cars too. Racing the car and putting 20inch wheels on the car too look "cool" are too different things .

You people kill me, 20" is ghetto/bros wheels? Whats a harley truck then? I had 20" on a jetta as a daily driver, and have put 20" on many cars w/o lookin ghetto. Its the style not the size. Leave lexanis, and all the chrome piles for the Montes and V8 regals. Mesh wheels, and simple spoked wheels make things better. Color not chrome, and polished lips for everyone.

To answer the orig question;
A 275/30-20 wont change any dimension critical to the car, except sidewall height for a "comfortable ride"....aka slop in the turns. Its still VERY close to the OEM diam, and a 245/35-20 is the front size that will fit a 20" To do this set-up w/o scrubbing, Foose recommends a 4" back spacing on a 20x8 front wheel, and a 20x10 rear wheels gets a 5.25 back spacing. This is from MHT/Foose themselves where I have been talking w/ them on a better fit than just bolting big chromies up.

BTW, I am in my mid 30s also, I am doin 20"s, and I dont have a gold grille, or any "ghetto" qualities. Like it or not, the Foose style is in, the sacred GNs are still just cars. (I waited 17 years to get mine also btw) I wish this community was more open minded, and not so much like the import "all knowing & all judging types."
GC

That is not a good comparison.. the Harley is a truck not a car. with huge fenders and the big wheels look good on that.. now...

I have had the real nice wheels also.. was into the slammed truck scene years ago had 20 inch Colorado Customs wheels that cost me $4500 for the wheels.. on a 97 Gmc ext cab truck.

I also had 17 inch Fikse on my 2000 ws6 car way back..

Wheels can make or break a car or truck.. in this case a 17 inch wheel on the regal.. as long as its tasteful with the proper back space and fittment would work. 20 inch wheels are too big on the car and take away from the beauty of the car itself...

Like the great words that have been said many many times on Big Wheels-------"Everybody doesnt need to run a pair of ProStars or ConvoPros"
Who care what he wants to put on HIS car. If everybodies cars were exactly the same, I would have to get into other cars. I love the Pro-Touring look and I support whatever somebody wants to do with THEIR car. I can say that the 20's just look a little big because of our wheelwell size and being able to tuck them properly. I plan to run a set of 18's and lower the car. 18's just seem to fit nicely. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Ya know, it's your car, do what you want. Just make sure you do the brakes to stop all that rotating mass! There's a few wheel galleries around that show cars with bigger wheels. I am doing 17's myself, but in the end of the day, if you are happy with it, that's all that matters.