16 Year Old with a Grand National!

16YrOldsTurboGN

WOAH!The Powaaa!
Hey guys I'm new here obviously..Names Chance..I live in Tulsa..I sweep a shop(welding)..And I'm 16..I was given my GN by my not-so-car-smart Mom..She thought it was just a sixxer:)Boy was she wrong!Anyways she gave it to me on the morning of my Birthday and I have fallen in love with it!!I have a few questions though.

How much can these motors/trannys take?
What would be some good Bolt Ons?I get payed 10 and hour so I don't get payed a lot..But what would be some good CHEAP mods?
Where is a good place to buy parts for these?

Thanks and I will get some pics up here shortly.

Hey guys I'm new here obviously..Names Chance..I live in Tulsa..I sweep a shop(welding)..And I'm 16..I was given my GN by my not-so-car-smart Mom..She thought it was just a sixxer:)Boy was she wrong!Anyways she gave it to me on the morning of my Birthday and I have fallen in love with it!!I have a few questions though.

How much can these motors/trannys take?
What would be some good Bolt Ons?I get payed 10 and hour so I don't get payed a lot..But what would be some good CHEAP mods?
Where is a good place to buy parts for these?

Thanks and I will get some pics up here shortly.

I am in Tulsa a LOT for meetings. If you wish I could stop by and help you out a bit.

I am usually out on the west side. Where are you located?

Welcome !

Did you see JDGN's avitar? You want him to visit you?

Just kidding, he's one of the good guys and very well respected here. He's a great guy to have on your side.....just don't get on the wrong side. He changes your posts.

16 huh.....please be very careful. This is a lot of car for any age. Don't go picking fights with people to show that thing off. It's a good way to have a personal relationship with a telephone pole.

Be good to it and it will put your kid through college.

First things first, congrads on the new car

Is it stock?

If it's stock start with a spring cleaning,plugs,wires,fuel filter etc

If u wanna go fast and not spend too much buy a filter for it and get rid of the stock airbox. Buy a 3in down pipe, a turbo tweak chip, bigger fuel pump with hotwire kit. All this and u will be in the 12s:biggrin:

But dont forget about the most important piece of all...a scanmaster 2.1. Along with a fuel pressure gauge and a boost gauge

Then just have someone install it all Cough cough Johndeere cough

P.s. To answer urcother question, these drivetrains will go a long way if treated with respect

Oh my mom payed 10K for it and I had to do a week worth of TLC this summer..I can't imagine how much it will be worth later on..And I'm being careful..Before my Dad passed away(heart attack) I drove his LS7 Camaro with a 150 Shot..That car was just awesome!I could handle it and this car is slower..But hopefully not for long!

Oh my mom payed 10K for it and I had to do a week worth of TLC this summer..I can't imagine how much it will be worth later on..And I'm being careful..Before my Dad passed away(heart attack) I drove his LS7 Camaro with a 150 Shot..That car was just awesome!I could handle it and this car is slower..But hopefully not for long!

2 different beasts there young man,,,, lets not do anything wild until we can hook you up with somebody local or I can get down and do a baseline tune ok.

Just dont wanna read bad things in a few weeks. We are here to help :cool:

First things first, congrads on the new car

Is it stock?

If it's stock start with a spring cleaning,plugs,wires,fuel filter etc

If u wanna go fast and not spend too much buy a filter for it and get rid of the stock airbox. Buy a 3in down pipe, a turbo tweak chip, bigger fuel pump with hotwire kit. All this and u will be in the 12s:biggrin:

But dont forget about the most important piece of all...a scanmaster 2.1. Along with a fuel pressure gauge and a boost gauge

Then just have someone install it all Cough cough Johndeere cough

P.s. To answer urcother question, these drivetrains will go a long way if treated with respect

It isn't really stock but only had a few things..A Intake, Wires/Plugs, a few suspension things and a boost gauge..The gauge and Intake came with it and I addedx the rest just because they were old looking..and I did maintenance..Oh what is the best oil to use in these?I am currently usign Mobil 1 Synth.

2 different beasts there young man,,,, lets not do anything wild until we can hook you up with somebody local or I can get down and do a baseline tune ok.

Just dont wanna read bad things in a few weeks. We are here to help :cool:

Thanks man..How much do you charge for a Tune?I am about to buy a few things for it just to make it run better..What do you suggest for an Exhaust?I am also wanting some wheels..Any Idea where I can get some DR's and Weld cheap?

Good oil, but add a bottle of ZDPPlus to add the minerals the State of California thinks gives goats a third leg.

What does a LS7 with a 150 shot do in the quarter?

I really can't remember I was 10 or 11 then and wasn't into cars..So I never asked..I remember his wrenching on it all the time but I would guess low 10's and 9's on the shot..It was gutted.

wow....sounds like your dad was a cool cat.

We are here to help. We are the presidents of the club "been there done that" in regards to the TR. So please understand if we discount something you might think is right and suggest something else. In the long run, it will save you some loot.(and possibly an engine)

wow....sounds like your dad was a cool cat.

We are here to help. We are the presidents of the club "been there done that" in regards to the TR. So please understand if we discount something you might think is right and suggest something else. In the long run, it will save you some loot.(and possibly an engine)

You drove your dads LS7 with a 150 shot at age 10 or 11..................

If thats the case I charge 1 meeeellliiioonn dollars for a tune :cool::biggrin:

Exactly right notacarlo

But ya. Just take it slow,meet someone close to you that knows them And please don't push it untill u understand what detention is and can do to ur 10k dollar car. There's a reason y a 23yr old 3.8l can get to 60 in 5 sec flat

More details on ur car!!! Pix please!! How mAny miles?

I live in Sapulpa, and work at Bill Knight Ford on Memorial. I am still learning about these cars. There is alot of good information you can learn from this site. A scanmaster is a must have upgrade. If you need any help I might be able to help if I am not loaded with work. Just pm me or bring the car by the dealership and ask for Jay.

I live in Sapulpa, and work at Bill Knight Ford on Memorial. I am still learning about these cars. There is alot of good information you can learn from this site. A scanmaster is a must have upgrade. If you need any help I might be able to help if I am not loaded with work. Just pm me or bring the car by the dealership and ask for Jay.

Okay thanks man!!My mom almost bought a 2011 GT from you guys..She went to Joe Cooper though..Sorry lol.