16"x10" GNX style wheels...

"Turbo6Chicago", Scott, if i go to a wider tire I'll have to use some spacers like those on the site you once posted "www.ezaccessory.com"...I think it will be the simplest solution...The thickness of the spacers will have to be determined...Also if I ever decide to put my 15" wheels back on, I'll just unbolt the spacers off the car..:wink:

"T Spool", I will take some pics shortly and post them here...As for my garage, I do some minor work on my cars (both my GN and my T-Bird), but nothing major. I call it a "showroom-garage" as I went to a lot of work to make it just right, clean and functional.:wink:
About the rear tires on my GN, it's funny because I wouldn't have minded if they would have stuck out a little...:rolleyes:
Here are two pics taken last summer of my "toys" in my garage as well as one pic of both my cars in the driveway in front of the house...note that the wheels on the GN are 15"x7" and 15"x8"'s...

thanks guys,

Claude :)

Hey post a rear shot showing how wide the tires are! I always wondered what those wheels/tires would look like. I had those same tires on regular GTAs and wished they were wider.

Reply to "Way2QWK" and Adam connell...

Guys, I will post some pictures taken from behind the car pretty soon, promised!;) I cannot post some now because there are no taillights on the car as I'm having them dark tinted. But rest assured that as soon as I get them back, I will post some pics showing both the rear wheels and the tinted taillights!
thanks,

Claude :wink:

Scott, the wheels in the pictures are 15"x8" "stock appearing" GN wheels that I had made more than 15 years ago!...Back then, not too many guys were doing this, so I had them done at a local machine shop using some GN center pieces, mated to some Corvette outer pieces, welded together. They have a rear spacing of 3.5" The wheels on the front are stock GN wheels.

Claude :smile:

Thanks for posting and displaying your ride.

I was going to get some other wheels and sale my GNX style wheels, but seeing as you were so nice to share with everyone where to get them with the wider lip, I will just keep mine. I also have a 10 rear on my El Camino and it definitly looks alot more aggressive and actually seems take corners alot better.
Thanks again

Gnx Wheels

Second, I had them done by Jim Lyon at True Design Wheel . Cost was $720 + shipping...

Those look great.
I presume that is for two wheels and cores or is that an outright price?
Thanks,
Marty

reply to "jjvites"...

Marty, this price was for two wheels and I supplied the cores...which by the way were PERFECT GTA "fronts" !...:eek: ...If I knew that "rears" could have been used to do these wheels, I would've traded them for "rears"...:rolleyes:

Claude :redface:

Thanks for that info as I have two rears that I was going to sell but now I will use as cores.
That's a beautiful car and now the wheels really set it off.

Marty

nice wheels love to get them done next year all 4!!

but for this year i have gta's four front all the way around what et street tire can i fit from MT only one i saw was the 255/50/16 is this the only size i can get under there from MT steet radial? sorry dont mean to hijack thread!!

4063_1.JPG

Here are the pictures I promised...

Thanks guys for your nice comments! :D ...As promised here are some pictures of my GN with the 10" wide rear wheels installed with 275-55-16 M&H tires. The front wheels (16"x5") have already been shipped to "Trudesign" to have them redone with more rear spacing than what you see now for two reasons: First, was to move the tire more inside of the car so it wouldn't rub against the plastic fender liner, and second, I find that something just doesn't look right by having a narrow wheel with a wide outer lip...I think they should look "flater", not "deep"...:frown:

Claude :wink:

Jim at Tru Design did my 84 & 85 GN aluminum wheels, great guy & good prices. As mentioned by toofastforyou, you gets whats you pay for & a bargin almost always costs more later.

Roger", I wouldn't have said it better!

Claude :D

Jim at Tru Design did my 84 & 85 GN aluminum wheels, great guy & good prices. As mentioned by toofastforyou, you gets whats you pay for & a bargin almost always costs more later.

i am considering doing this just rears only!! i wanna do the 16x10 like u do with the 4.25 backspacing! now my question is can u fit 295's under there? or will that require a spacer im not worried about sticking out far i have gnx flares on my car i need to fill out rear bad! also do i have to supply cores or was 720 plus shipping a price without cores

also what size street tires could u run and who makes big 16 street tires? thxs greg

alright... you have got me started

Since I saw your pics of the GTA 16x5's and the 16x10's.... I just won an auction for 4 dimpled no curb rash GTA wheels (gold... but that doesn't matter) Trying to gather all the correct info this is what I am planning to do.... please look and correct me before I mess up.

1. I take a pair of stock "rears" and have them narrowed to 5".
  2. I will take the "fronts" and have them widened to 10" with 4-1/4" BS for the rear.

Is that it?

If I did my math correctly... the "rears" narrowed to 5" wide... would yield 2-1/4" BS on a 5" wide wheel.... sweet!

Obviously I would also have the wheels powdercoated (centers) black..... on your pricing you gave.... what did that include? ... obviously it included the 16x10's.... but did that include the fresh powdercoating? ...... or narrowing the front wheels?

I plan on talking to Jim Monday. I have arranged for my wheels I bought on eBay... to be drop shipped to Jim.... after I talk to Jim..... so I won't even see them until they are done.....

One more thing....

On your 4-1/4" BS 16x10's.... with the 275/55/16 drag radials... you have no rubbing issues on a stock unmodified rear end... and stock wheel tubs? Have you rolled your fender lip? Would you say the 4-1/4" BS puts about the same clearance on the frame and the fender lip?

I would rather not run a spacer at all with that very tire on my stock GN rear...