#1457 For sale maybe...

GTABurnout

Well I am not actively Selling it but if someone wants to make me a good offer I will ditch it. I a kinda board of it and I have no clue how to tune it and can't get it as fast as I would like. Also all the comprimises make it not fun any more... Well if your intrested send me an e-mail with an offer and I will tink it over as I am kinda posting this angery at a bad/embarassing night at the track...

Info:

This TTA has 67K original miles and a GRAY interior, if you know about these cars they were to have ONLY saddle colored interiors. I have received the PHS (Pontiac Historical Services) packet and confirmed the car was originally built with a saddle leather interior but the original owner wanted gray and had the interior installed in June 1990.This car is build # 1457
This car was repainted and all new weather-stripping was installed in Nov 2000. It is painted 2000 Lexus Diamond White which has just a hint of pearl.

The car has the following mods:

Professionally rebuilt tranny with many upgrades - very strong....
9/11 3200 stall Converter
Ported and Polished heads
Port matched intake
Liquid/Air intercooler by ATR ( LESS THAN 5 OF THESE MADE FOR TTA's)
TE 44 Turbo with .63
Custom chip
SS 3in DP from Mease Performance
SS Exhaust from flex back
SS MAF pipe
Test pipe w/ Cut out
ATR air fuel monitor
Casper’s KNOCK gage
Scanmaster 2
HKS BOV
K&N cone filter
Adjustable fuel reg.
MSD 50#/hr injectors
Adjustable waste gate actuator
Accell 8.8 wires
K&N valve cover vents
The Turbo shield and up-pipe are chrome plated and the SS MAF pipe has been polished.

Liquid/Air intercooler by ATR ( LESS THAN 5 OF THESE MADE FOR TTA's)

Maybe before you sell it we should see if we can get our IC's to mate and spit out some baby IC's. I wouldnt mind have a litter of 8 liquid IC's to sell!

If you decide not to sell it go get a T-plus set up and an extender chip. Tuning will be fun for about 10 minutes and then the funs over because it will be done! Really easy set up and not to expensive.

Good luck either way: Jason

Get a new chip for it yet?

If you are interested, I can give you a hand getting it to run like it should.

It's just that drag racing as lost all its fun. I hate having to do all sorts of stuff just to get it to run fast. Alos I have entered the world of Autocross and that just kicks Drag racings ass as far as fun is concerned...

Your not having fun cuase you aint fast and you dont listen. Car has tremendous potential..just needs a driver..that listens.

Whats wrong with autocrossing a TTA.. my buddy Bob does it all the time..and kicks butt..

Sorry for post this way, but you have had issues since day one..I still remember the BOV :rolleyes:

Someone will buy it, tune it, and get an 11.50 car...

Cool well I am listening...
I am switching back to the .62 exhaust housing. Turns out I blew the waste-gate gasket so it wasn't holding boost. So I will fix that then I will try again. 11's are my goal...

.63 precision housing rite :)

autoX

Prove TTA's rock autocrossing 32 megs..so its not dial up friendly.This was done TODAY...

Your custom chip..thats a big ???? tires??? and Gas???

Not to dis whoever did the chip..but it can be the heart..

If the stock MAF is going to 255 leave that in there until you have all the other stuff dialed in..then contemplate changing to the translator/extender realizing the extender is a chip...

Whats a wastegate gasket???? you mean on the flange to the down pipe..no gasket should be needed there "if" the surfaces are rite to begin with. Factory doesnt come with one..

that motor on alcohol injection with a simple reds 93 or thrasher 92 chip will drop into the 11's assuming a good 60 foot..like a 1.7 and boost tuned to 760's on the scanmaster zero knock. With ported heads and such 23 PSI??

Or a Racechip 26 degrees(your choosing..thrasher,reds, lubrant..whoever) on C12 gas, open dump, locked converter, and a good 60 foot.. tuning until the knock detector is tickled..

Its all bout boost/fuel/timing..figure those out..your are there..And there is not one car that doesnt go through fits once in a while..seat time at the track gets your 60 foot in the zone. Invest in some slicks..they make 60 foot easier..drag radials are hit-n-miss for 60'..and lastly tune for MPH..do changes to fuel pressure to achieve the highest MPH getting into the 760 zone..750 is leaner but watch out for knock.

HTH clear the ears and eyes :)

Razor,

The chip that was in the car when he got it was burned without performance as the number one priority. Phill put it in there to be safe so he wouldn't blow things up.

The car has some nicely ported heads and a similiar combo as yours so 11's won't be a problem at all once it is tuned right. I am guessing around 11.3 in good weather (if that exists in Tucson)

He does have some rather worn ET-Streets for it and has gotten 1.7 60's in the past so that isnt a real big deal.

I personally feel with a good chip he should be in to the 11's easily and with more tuning get it down to the mid/low 11's. Iknow the car is capable of it if the driver is willing to put the time into it.:D

Hell, I will even go out to the track with him and let him record the whole night on DS.

Hunter, it is alot easier to just drive it out on the ET-Streets, they arent bad at all in good weather (and you dont go to the track when it is raining)and saves alot of time.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Razor,

The chip that was in the car when he got it was burned without performance as the number one priority. Phill put it in there to be safe so he wouldn't blow things up.

Too say the least, to be honest Hunter has asked me for a new chip which I said I would provide but Ive been very busy and unable to get it done for him in a timely manner. I will try and get it done this week.

THAT being said, these cars are fun, but the time required and PATIENCE to tune them can be frustrating.

Hunter relax, use the Honda for AutoX!!!!

Anyone??
I want to get the turbo back on as soon as possable but I need to know If i need tis gasket or if I should just for get about it...

Originally posted by GTABurnout
Anyone??
I want to get the turbo back on as soon as possable but I need to know If i need tis gasket or if I should just for get about it...

If thats the one between the Dp and the exhaust housing you dont need it.

Phil

If it is the gasket that goes between your downpipe and turbo, forget about it. Mine doesn't have anything between the turbo and elbow (stock downpipe) and doesn't leak. At least give it a try without the gasket.

So it wouldn't be laying on his shelf:D

Try bolting it together without it and if it seals, you don't need it. If it leaks a little, use some high temp RTV and make your own gasket.

Ok well this weekend I plan on finishing up the hybrid turbo and putting it back on the car...

I hope it works out better then the last set up...

Hunter, dont sell it yet. Make a goal to get it in the 11's, then sell it if you have to.

Go to the track today, I will be there with the Buick tuning for Vegas. I can help you out.

If you want, I can let you borrow the DirectScan again. I can't affor to do squat at the moment, but I'll gladly help however I can.

Well car is back on the TE44 with a .62 exhaust housing, and It feels stronger. Basically I built a turbo out og two bad ones so who knows how long it will last. Also I removed the down pipe/exhaust housing gasket and it now leaks so I will be removing it again and adding a little red RTV to seal it up. Hopefully I will get back to the track soon.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thanks for no one offering me a dime:D for my car I think I will be happy with it for a little while longer...

:) :)