13.99et

V666

All I want is a 13.99 out of my stock 87 TR. Tell me the easiest, cheapest mods to get me there. I have been searching on here, and everyone says something different. Please help

-Confused TR owner!

You should be pretty close stock......however, get a bleeder valve, boost gauge, and possibly a fuel pump....you'll be there

also, do check out the spring cleaning section @ gnttype.org

What's stock??

First off... how'd you get a Turbo T for $700?? Next, what is stock?? Many people here would suggest a strong fuel pump for safety sake more then anything.... that WOULD be an upgrade, but I think most every TR owner will agree, that is essential for a ten second car or a text book stock car.

Also, can we get a bit of info about your car please?? How many kilometers are on it (miles please, for the majority of the board). Stock sized tires?? Peg leg or posi?? Lightweight or fully loaded? We'd be glad to confuse you.... er, I mean help you:eek:

It actually is a regal with LC2 option, but anyways, I got it so cheap cause it has over 314K on it and it isn't black if you know what I mean! People dont even look at this car. But stock means stock, high mileage everything, turbo, FP, you name it!!! GU6 gear, and a taller 255/65/R15 on welds for tires, peg-leg.

I have a turbo-t. I thought all a turbo-t was is a regal with the lc2 and t package options.

GNTTYPE.ORG says there is a "T" option, and a "Turbo T" option, both different numbers.

How about spring cleaning, fuel pump w/ hotwire (check Racetronix), adjustable wastegate (do it yourself), adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Thrasher 92 chip, scanmaster, 160* t-stat. Tune it up. Run it hard. :D

if you 13.99 that is pretty good.
What was your short time if you are spinning your et will be higher want to get your 60 foots around 1.8 or lower. Use your MPH to see what kind of horsepower u are laying down.
Out of curiousity what was your MPH ???

Originally posted by V666
GNTTYPE.ORG says there is a "T" option, and a "Turbo T" option, both different numbers.

The "T" option was available on V8's and na V6's in 1987. It got you the "T" wheels, badging and suspension.

A Turbo T would be that with the turbo motor (though some say a Turbo T IS a WE4, but that's another story)

13.99 requires about nothing. A good running car. Make sure the fuel pumps good. Maybe a chip.

Gut the cat. those tires should work fine.