12.40 with TA-49

87TurboType

Im pretty new owner of a Turbo Buick but always loved them. Anyway my second day out to the track and still learning the car and of course still tuning, but I went 12.40 at 109 with a TA-49. It has 50# inj, precision FMIC, walboro 340, hot wire kit, volt booster, adj fuel press regulater, and the rest stock.. I have nitto DR but getting some Mickey T's. I hoping for something around 11.80's or so.

22 pounds, and I use only 116 race gas, any tips on what else I should do. I am still tuning though.

Thats not too bad. With a good 60ft you could be in the high 11's. I'm guessing you had a 1.9 or something? The Nittos can get a good 60ft once in a while, but are not very consistent.

At 24 lbs or so, you can run 11.6-11.7 or so on a good tune with a good 60ft.

My o2,s were in the low 800's I believe. I really want to get those mickey t's. My sixty foot was in the 1.8's. I need to get used to building boost at the line, the hardest I left was with like 5 pnds, and the tuning part I am learning I got a buddy that has a GN helping me.

No KR at all. I was running a cottons race chip for 26 degrees timing. But I am not sure what this one is because my buddy thats helping me tune it put his in there all I know is that is is a Turbo Tweak programable chip.

Yeah thats what I am going to do. Just keep tuning and see what happens, there is still a couple of things I want to get like a THDP. But we will see what happens.

Im pretty new owner of a Turbo Buick but always loved them. Anyway my second day out to the track and still learning the car and of course still tuning, but I went 12.40 at 109 with a TA-49. It has 50# inj, precision FMIC, walboro 340, hot wire kit, volt booster, adj fuel press regulater, and the rest stock.. I have nitto DR but getting some Mickey T's. I hoping for something around 11.80's or so.

very similar to what i ran last week with my car. i also have a ta-49 but i run a gbody slic, 009's, hot wired pump adj fpr, tt chip. i was running my regular street tires (bfg radial ta's) and with a .446 r/t, soft launch (4#) and a 2.0 60ft i ran a 12.8 @ 109:biggrin:

im guessing i should get somewhere in the 12.0's with some sticky tires, better r/t, harder launch. then comes the real fun (alky) should put me solidly into the 11's

buickbert

Yeah I am hoping to get better to my first r/t was .720 then I had .244, but I was only leaving at like 4 or 5 pnds also. I am going to get the MT drag radials this week and hopefully make it to the track this weekend.

I have a TE-44 also, is there much difference between the TA-49 and TE-44.

I wouldn't say to much difference in performance between the two turbos.
The TA 49 is stock appearing while the TE 44 is not, if that makes any difference to you.

Ok I was just wondering because my buddy had the TE-44 on his with the only thing being different than mine is he has 3" THDP and he ran mid 11's.

Up your boost, watch your KR and get yourself an alky kit and scan tool if you don't already have one. I ran an 11.74@114 best with my 49. That was at 25lbs boost and an open dump, 93 octain fuel, SMC alky kit and 50lb MSD inj. BUT that time was acheved with a 1.60 60ft using 28x10.5 Hoosier slicks.

Ken

Yeah I have the same injectors too. I always use 116 race gas and have had no KR yet. I do have a scanmaster, thats all for now. But I see you have a dump pipe I dont have one yet. I am getting MT drag radials, I was getting 1.8 sixty ft, but that was with only 5psi launch. I am hoping for some times near that.

Hey guys. Look like some pretty good times. I have my motor out right now, bad rod bearing. I have stock turbo. looking to upgrade turbo. I have 3 inch THDP, stock location streach innercooler, cottons 2 1/2 inch stainless exhaust and 36 # blue top injectors. Also jimmy's trans with 3200 stall. I'm not sure what route to go TA-49 or a 60 ball bearing turbo. Car will be mainly street driven. Any pointers. I want to get new turbo before I put motor back in. I want my car to spool very well though and get into low 12's. What do you guys get on pump gas for times with these turbos.