For Sale: 1986-87 109 stock block

Machine work performed:

Bored .030 oversize
Honed with a deck plate
Main bore align honed
Lifter bores honed
Front oil galleries tapped for threaded pipe plugs
Square decked

All work done on an RMC-V20 CNC Machine Center and honed on top of the line Sunnen equipment
This block has one sleeve in #2 cylinder (LA Sleeve) and is done correctly. You have to look very close from the bottom side to even see the sleeve (SECOND PICTURE)

This block has STOCK main caps and bolts.

$450 local pickup. Located in Michigan (Metro Detroit)
109 block II.JPG

Dave,

I can't believe someone hasn't jumped on this. With all the machine work done that's a steal!

Good Luck with the sale

Neal

Shipping the big stuff is a real hassle. It will cost at least $250 to ship. I'll hang on to it for awhile.

turbodave, I am in Lincoln Park MI and I am interested in this block. I need to confirm something with Bruce Alred.

I did the machine work myself.
Cool. The block looks good. I just need to see if it will be cheaper to start with a block that has already been machined or use my own block. My block, I'm sure will need some work I am sure.

if dave did it its right and ready, your block would cost more to clean, prep and bore, let alone line bore than what he is asking, by far, and he is known to be very fussy on his clearances so....i know if i needed one i would have already bought it....

if dave did it its right and ready, your block would cost more to clean, prep and bore, let alone line bore than what he is asking, by far, and he is known to be very fussy on his clearances so....i know if i needed one i would have already bought it....

I totally agree. Dave does it right. He built my engine. This is a very good price.

hello people; Off the for sale subject but how many blocks are out there? Why I asked this is Kawasaki Z1 900 Kz 1000 engines are getting harder to find as the drag race guys where grabbing them up for straight line racing. I know it would be hard to say but just something to think about.
IBBY

hello people; Off the for sale subject but how many blocks are out there? Why I asked this is Kawasaki Z1 900 Kz 1000 engines are getting harder to find as the drag race guys where grabbing them up for straight line racing. I know it would be hard to say but just something to think about.
IBBY

I think there are a lot of these blocks floating around still. Remember, the NA 3.8L and 4.1L blocks can be used as well. To my knowlegde all that needs to be done is have an oil return hole drilled and threaded for the turbo oil return line.