10.99 on E85? Got a Couple Questions

For a high ten combo I would go with the big single walbro pump with the racetronix Teflon lines. I think these other combos will work fine too but the big single pump is simple with extra capacity especially if voltage is boosted. Plus it is factory engineered for E85. And the teflon lines are priced very reasonably for what you get.

The Racetronix fuel line kit and 416lph with AN sender is on my X-Mas list.
For now I will continue to use my DW300.
Not looking to go faster than 11s but will like to have some room to play if I go bigger down the road. I have 80lbs Injectors right now as well.
25# of Boost 3rd gear and my inj dc is already at 86%. Base fuel pressure of 50lbs. Might bring FP up to 55/60.

The Racetronix fuel line kit and 416lph with AN sender is on my X-Mas list.
For now I will continue to use my DW300.
Not looking to go faster than 11s but will like to have some room to play if I go bigger down the road. I have 80lbs Injectors right now as well.
25# of Boost 3rd gear and my inj dc is already at 86%. Base fuel pressure of 50lbs. Might bring FP up to 55/60.

remember that's DC according to the logger ! you still have a lot of injector left !

Stock unopened engine, 120s, E85, 3" dp/exhaust, single walbro 340, stock lines (since 2009) 390rwhp on the dyno at 30psi. Stock lines and a single pump will go farther than some would think. Just my .02

Stock unopened engine, 120s, E85, 3" dp/exhaust, single walbro 340, stock lines (since 2009) 390rwhp on the dyno at 30psi. Stock lines and a single pump will go farther than some would think. Just my .02

True .. but not sure I would say the same thing about stock head gaskets @ 30 psi ... they will start lifting on you @ that boost level

True .. but not sure I would say the same thing about stock head gaskets @ 30 psi ... they will start lifting on you @ that boost level
Lol....very true. That boost level is nutz.....and I'll be backing it down for sure. But, on the other hand, that was on the baseline settings on the TT chip too, so there's a minute bit of wiggle room. We shall see how long it takes for it to go kablooyaca....lol.

Lol....very true. That boost level is nutz.....and I'll be backing it down for sure. But, on the other hand, that was on the baseline settings on the TT chip too, so there's a minute bit of wiggle room. We shall see how long it takes for it to go kablooyaca....lol.

STILL .. anyway you look at it ... impressive stock unopened engine with just E85 and a few bolt ons .. easy 11's in everyday driver trim

Nice

STILL .. anyway you look at it ... impressive stock unopened engine with just E85 and a few bolt ons .. easy 11's in everyday driver trim

Nice
Its got a TA-61 on it with a duttneck stock ic. It ran 12.79 @111.4 on street tires with 300lbs of luggage/cooler/tools etc. and a 2.63 60' after blowing the tires off at Norwalk on the power tour....launching in flip flops...lol.

That's not true. Boost is measured at the TB and with an unopened engine, it takes a lot of pressure to get air past those tiny valves. Cylinder pressure is what's hard on HG's and 390whp is WELL within the limits of stock HG's. People get so hung up on the boost pressure when it really doesn't mean much at all.

So how low in the 10's do you guys think I could get with -8 and -6 feed and return lines, 83#inj and Reds Dp on the combo in my Sig?

So how low in the 10's do you guys think I could get with -8 and -6 feed and return lines, 83#inj and Reds Dp on the combo in my Sig?

I think you'll run out of injector before that 45a runs out of breath; on e85 at least. Even with dp, 125mph so 10.50's on a good hook? idk

I was thinking moving up to 120 inj and maybe 680 dp from racetronix

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Care to elaborate? Is the logger showing a lot more then it really is?

I've heard from numerous sources that the PL DC is not that accurate. You're better off looking at pulsewidth, if it shows it, to determine if you are static or not yet.

I've heard from numerous sources that the PL DC is not that accurate. You're better off looking at pulsewidth, if it shows it, to determine if you are static or not yet.
So, on average, does pl DC typically read lower or higher than actual?

I was thinking moving up to 120 inj and maybe 680 dp from racetronix

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just installed this exact kit this past weekend(plus I added Champion rails because I like the way they look!) Real nice quality kit and it fit really nice. I did previously go 10.80's on the stock lines, 120lb injectors with E85 and Dual 255's (510lph setup) from racetronix. The only thing I didn't like with the old setup was the pressure spike when the second pump turned on with the stock lines. I was getting a little knock on the big end, not sure if it was related or not. Hence the reason I upgraded. I figured, why dick around? I'll never have to worry about the fuel system again.

Good to know. On my log file from the Bettendorf dyno pull at 30 psi I was at 58% dc with the single walbro on stock lines....

wow! I'd think that would be right on. One way to find out I guess! Great data to have out there. Maybe the DC calculation works differently on E85 vs gas? Good question for Mr. Bob. I'd still compare DC to pulsewidth if the capability exists.