10.61@127.85 with 60-1 compressor

Brian: Bring that car to Noble the weekend of October 15 and I'll race you heads up for $100.

Phil Engle

No bar or any safety equipment in this car. Ill take the black one.

Brian: Bring the black one to Noble on October 15th and I'll race it for $100. I'll even get you into the track for nothing and let you kick all the Ford asses you want to kick.

Phil Engle

Brian: Bring the black one to Noble on October 15th and I'll race it for $100. I'll even get you into the track for nothing and let you kick all the Ford asses you want to kick.

Phil Engle

I will not race him for $100, but I will race him for the hell of it, and I'll buy him a cold beer after he beats me :biggrin:

WOW thats a nice pass! How would the 60-1 compare to say a PTE-6152e ?? Thats whats on my car now :) Hope this is not a Hyjack I didnt mean to just had a question.
Again Nice runs! Hope mine will run that well !

WOW thats a nice pass! How would the 60-1 compare to say a PTE-6152e ?? Thats whats on my car now :) Hope this is not a Hyjack I didnt mean to just had a question.

There's not much of a difference in hp between the 2 turbo's.

My thoughts are that the 6152 has a better compressor but will hit choke flow on the ex with the ex with the 3 bolt setup sooner than the 60-1 with the 76 p trim. The 76 p trim will flow mroe than the t350 in the 6152 in the 3 bolt configuration. The best compromise would be the gt61 compressor with the 76 p trim. That will get a little more mass flow out of the combo if the engine is up to it.

My thoughts are that the 6152 has a better compressor but will hit choke flow on the ex with the ex with the 3 bolt setup sooner than the 60-1 with the 76 p trim. The 76 p trim will flow mroe than the t350 in the 6152 in the 3 bolt configuration. The best compromise would be the gt61 compressor with the 76 p trim. That will get a little more mass flow out of the combo if the engine is up to it.

That was kinda my thoughts as well. Im think of going to a 6262 DBB CEA with a .84 EXT. housing when funds are available. Maybe the 6265DBB CEA not sure still have stock heads on it so Im not sure I will use what either have to offer I dont want it back up and slow down the wheel either as I have heard that can be an issue also.

Brian, don't you have a 6176 in your collection?
Also Precision is expanding their budget line of turbos with the new MFS "Manufactured From Solid" compressor wheels.
A MFS 6162 if they decide to produce that combination should be similar to a 6176 GT wheeled turbo.

BTW from Precision's Facebook Page:
Precision Turbo & Engine
With available horsepower levels ranging from mid-300 to almost 1,000, PTE’s Entry Level Turbochargers are a great option for racers who want a high-quality product without having to break the bank.
Throughout 2012, we will introduce new units which feature Machined from Solid (MFS) compressor wheels for enhanced performance in addition to the current line up.

That was kinda my thoughts as well. Im think of going to a 6262 DBB CEA with a .84 EXT. housing when funds are available. Maybe the 6265DBB CEA not sure still have stock heads on it so Im not sure I will use what either have to offer I dont want it back up and slow down the wheel either as I have heard that can be an issue also.
The 6262 will make more power in an application like the combo I used in this thread if the boost is kept high and cranked even harder. At low boost there was no power gain on this engine. I tested up to 27psi on the dyno. The power was the same. I would not use a 65 ex with stock heads. It's not needed.

Brian, don't you have a 6176 in your collection?
Also Precision is expanding their budget line of turbos with the new MFS "Manufactured From Solid" compressor wheels.
A MFS 6162 if they decide to produce that combination should be similar to a 6176 GT wheeled turbo.

BTW from Precision's Facebook Page:
Precision Turbo & Engine
With available horsepower levels ranging from mid-300 to almost 1,000, PTE’s Entry Level Turbochargers are a great option for racers who want a high-quality product without having to break the bank.
Throughout 2012, we will introduce new units which feature Machined from Solid (MFS) compressor wheels for enhanced performance in addition to the current line up.
I had a 6176 but I sold it. I also had an sc61 which uses the gt61 and the GT turbine. It needs a turbine b4 I can use it on anything. The cost makes it not worth it and the ex housing is fixed to the chra. It can't be adjusted. It's a sport compact with the later Garrett GT journal chra that was adapted to use on a Buick 3 bolt by pecision. It's not even listed on their site. I agree with running the 61 comp wheel with the 62 turbine. They are very similar. They even spool the same.

There are so many turbo options out there. Its really hard to choose one. What kind of power would the 6162 support? 650ish?

There are so many turbo options out there. Its really hard to choose one. What kind of power would the 6162 support? 650ish?
I'd guess 600-650. it takes a good engine to get the most out of it. Not going to happen below 25psi. Need a decent compression ratio abd everything else working together.