10.61@127.85 with 60-1 compressor

bison

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Took my blue car to LVD last Wednesday and it went 10.61@127.85 with a relatively small compressor wheel and low compression ratio engine. Engine is stock crank/rods and 7.6:1 with a 212/212 low lift cam. Heads are iron with a bowl clean up and cleaned up stock valves. Intake has the port exit and injector pad squared/cleaned up. EGR tower is milled out. There is no porting or polishing anywhere on the heads or intake. Old 60-1 t-netics turbo PN 10420 that has been converted to 3 bolt. .85 Precision ex housing. Precision first design fmic, XFI, PTC 9.5, old SMC non progressive alky with 93 octane used. Boost ranged from 29-over 30.4psi. Only have a 3 bar in this car so i cant see for sure the boost but probably hit close to 32 for a few frames. Timing was 23* It was 30.1psi the last couple frames. 100% stock suspension car with sway bars in place and 3530 race weight. With more CR this small compressor wheel is good to over 130mph. With more CR, a better set of heads, 3.23 gears, a little converter adjustment, and some suspension work 10.30-10.40 would not be out of the question. More timing could have been used here if there was more octane also. This engine has over 150 dyno pulls and hundreds and hundreds of hits on the street. Another thing this tells me is that the newer turbos with better ex wheels/billet compressor wheels could be pushed a lot further than anyone has yet. The 6262 should be able to hit 130mph if everything is dialed in but its not going to happen under 30psi.

60' 1.532
330' 4.377
660' 6.78226
102.30 mph
1000' 8.858
1320' 10.61934
127.85 mph

Nice runs!! Were you running slicks?? Any chance of you going to the Valley for Musclepalooza?? 31st of May. Phil.

Nice runs!! Were you running slicks?? Any chance of you going to the Valley for Musclepalooza?? 31st of May. Phil.

I was running Hoosier 29x9 slicks. I doubt i will be there for that event. I dont like going there when its crammed. I prefer track rentals for the most part.

I was running Hoosier 29x9 slicks. I doubt i will be there for that event. I dont like going there when its crammed. I prefer track rentals for the most part.

X2 on that, our local track (Empire) just opened this past weekend while I was in NC. We usually can't get rentals till Oct. Just thought if you were there, my pick your brain on a few things. Phil.

Nice work Brian, you're always making me see that more is less, tune tune tune! I've just got to dial in my 60ft to take advantage of my combo!

Awesome times Bison..... especially with the lack of ported heads.... its amazing the things you and Otto put together.... wish i was closer

aaron

What where the rpms at the end of the track on that run?

Thanks
Dennis

5400 in the last frame of WOT. Shifts were at 5450. Rpm is the enemy with poor flowing heads. Peak power is at 5100. The engine spent over 8 sec at or within 200 rpm of 5100

Very nice times. Talk about getting it done with just a few key parts! Must have been a great tune.;)

Took my blue car to LVD last Wednesday and it went 10.61@127.85 with a relatively small compressor wheel and low compression ratio engine. Engine is stock crank/rods and 7.6:1 with a 212/212 low lift cam. Heads are iron with a bowl clean up and cleaned up stock valves. Intake has the port exit and injector pad squared/cleaned up. EGR tower is milled out. There is no porting or polishing anywhere on the heads or intake. Old 60-1 t-netics turbo PN 10420 that has been converted to 3 bolt. .85 Precision ex housing. Precision first design fmic, XFI, PTC 9.5, old SMC non progressive alky with 93 octane used. Boost ranged from 29-over 30.4psi. Only have a 3 bar in this car so i cant see for sure the boost but probably hit close to 32 for a few frames. Timing was 23* It was 30.1psi the last couple frames. 100% stock suspension car with sway bars in place and 3530 race weight. With more CR this small compressor wheel is good to over 130mph. With more CR, a better set of heads, 3.23 gears, a little converter adjustment, and some suspension work 10.30-10.40 would not be out of the question. More timing could have been used here if there was more octane also. This engine has over 150 dyno pulls and hundreds and hundreds of hits on the street. Another thing this tells me is that the newer turbos with better ex wheels/billet compressor wheels could be pushed a lot further than anyone has yet. The 6262 should be able to hit 130mph if everything is dialed in but its not going to happen under 30psi.

60' 1.532
330' 4.377
660' 6.78226
102.30 mph
1000' 8.858
1320' 10.61934
127.85 mph

Congratulations !! Freakin nice 60' time there, and good 25 mph gain from the 1/8 mile.

Chuck

do you think you could have run the times on lower boost with a stock compression ratio or slightly higher or IYO is it 'safer' to run more boost and less compression?

u forgot to mention that u drove it 2 hrs. to the track and 2 hrs. back. no trailer

Nice pass.can you clear up the post about the tires,were they hoosier slick or drag radials on the 2hr ride?are you leaving off a transbreak?I admire your 30psi charge,smart raceweight and driving to the track on pump gas alky,a well thought out combo.

Congratulations !! Freakin nice 60' time there, and good 25 mph gain from the 1/8 mile.

Chuck

25-26 gain is what a 10.60 car should gain. Others can use that to see if their converter is working for them or not.

do you think you could have run the times on lower boost with a stock compression ratio or slightly higher or IYO is it 'safer' to run more boost and less compression?

It would make more power with more CR. The boost doesn't hurt engines. Detonation does. If this engine was 8.3:1 I'd have ran 21* with 93/alky. Boost makes power. You turn it down your mph will show it.