1/4 times with GT3255

Funny people still do not want to except it.

Glad you ran it Russ that gives the GT some face time.

When I talked to Julio a week or so ago he is the one that told me about your passes. Told me to check it out as I was picking his brain on some alky transitional tuning .

Cool rock on

No reason you can't do the same. Those times were on the new MT drag radials, 275/60/15s. E-brake launch, left front off the ground, 1.58 60' was the best it got. Locking the converter was key, this car loves it. Sooner the better, I locked it right out of the burn out box, manually shifted into 3rd gear. All cars are differant, you'll have to see how yours wants to run. Went almost 97 in the 1/8 mile.

turbo nasty said:
Funny people still do not want to except it.

Glad you ran it Russ that gives the GT some face time.

When I talked to Julio a week or so ago he is the one that told me about your passes. Told me to check it out as I was picking his brain on some alky transitional tuning .

Cool rock on

I had so much fun runnin that car....... :)

Cool, I got a 1.67 60' with my MT drag radials on my 12.4 sec. pass so I know can get it out of the hole no problem.

DarkRed,

How does your turbo and IC line up? Does the V4 have a 3" inlet? My GT32 and stock IC do not line up very well. I am going to try a big neck IC on my TTA to see if it makes it better.

TIA

Sweet6 said:
DarkRed,

How does your turbo and IC line up? Does the V4 have a 3" inlet? My GT32 and stock IC do not line up very well. I am going to try a big neck IC on my TTA to see if it makes it better.

TIA
Sent you a PM

I have gone 11.96 @ 110.82 mph w/ stock turbo, stock injectors, 3" dp, front mount and Duttwiller ported intake, heads @ 20 psi. If I ran more boost it would slow down because the motor flowed way to much for that turbo. This was a full weight 86 gn and the full pres was way high to get enough fuel at WOT. I would stage the car at 5 vac. and stomp on the gas and reached 20 psi instently. This was about 11 years ago at a sea level track. I would not do this set up again because it's not safe unless I had to go on the Pinks show with a stocker ;)

You might have to big of injectors for you combo. If it is to fat it will kill it, if it is to lean it will realy kill it.

that's my two cents :rolleyes:

I got to the track again tonight and here is my best pass out nine total:

60'_______ 1.896
330______ 5.231
1/8 _____ 7.989
MPH______ 89.09
1000_____ 10.379
1/4 _____ 12.416
MPH _____ 110.24

My timing is 25/21. I ran 116 octane but I was getting alot of knock so I turned the boost back a little bit and realized I was still running 25PSI. :eek: Am I running too much boost?? On this run knock retard was anywhere between 0 and 1.5 on the DS.

You are getting there! I moved up to the 3255 from the stocker and I am really impressed so far. I was told that 24/25 PSI is the sweet spot for the 3255. I am working my way up to that. Although, I don't have as many of the mods that some of you who have posted here.

09/30/06
Redline Raceway, Texas
DA: 2655 ft.
10# E-brake launch
23# max boost
114 VP Fuel
24* chip

60ft:.......1.630
330ft:.....4.857
660ft:.....7.595
mph:.......90.04

36# blue top injectors, MSD boost controller, Cotton FMIC, RJCpp, Stock dog house, 47# Fuel PSI, 92K factory original internals except double roller timing chain, 3200 single disk vigilante converter, 28.0 (too tall) Hoosier slicks, 3600#+ with driver, THDP, ATR dump w/ Ypipe and dual Pit Bulls, Big Mouth cold air intake system, HR poly motor mounts.....

Hope to get into the 11's for the first time at the Buick v Ford Shootout in Noble. I am going to try locking the converter like Russ mentioned above.

I am hopefully going to the track this weekend. I dynoed the car at 23-24lbs and have it ready to go. Hoping for a 11.90. :biggrin:

Sweet6 said:
I am hopefully going to the track this weekend. I dynoed the car at 23-24lbs and have it ready to go. Hoping for a 11.90. :biggrin:

Just out of curiosity, what were your dyno numbers? I was thinking about getting some dyno numbers as well.

355 HP and 390lbs. Numbers sound low from other posts I have read. But the car has gone 114 in the 1/4 with about 21lbs. So with a few lbs more boost I am hoping for a little more MPH ant some ET. We'll find out this weekend if the weather holds up.

Sweet6 said:
355 HP and 390lbs. Numbers sound low from other posts I have read. But the car has gone 114 in the 1/4 with about 21lbs. So with a few lbs more boost I am hoping for a little more MPH ant some ET. We'll find out this weekend if the weather holds up.

Great! I was hoping to hear something like that. My combonation as previously described with a 20* chip, 93 oct and 17lbs of boost made 307hp / 377tq. I would love to see that tq reading over 400. I think that I will see what the race setup will do now. Thanks!

Sweet6 said:

Let us know. I would think with 114mph you should be in the 11's with a good 60 foot. I'll be at the track November 4th and I hope to hit 11's with the converter locked. you can see my numbers in my sig.

Love my 3255

excellent street turbo,only time ive been to a track, track time was 12 sec flat 113 mph @ 21PSI no alky with 2.80 -60', have not tried at track since replacing B.F. Goodrich KDW with M.T Street E.T see my mods below, More power on the street i think would be hard to hook up! LOVE IT !!!

YouLikeThat said:
Let us know. I would think with 114mph you should be in the 11's with a good 60 foot. I'll be at the track November 4th and I hope to hit 11's with the converter locked. you can see my numbers in my sig.

I think 11s are doable. Here is the time slip from my run.

60' 1.79
1/8 7.83@89.64
1/4 12.19@113.88.

Best MPH from that day was 114.00.

I have since put in a 10" 2800 Neal Chance conv. So I am hoping for 11.80s.

Sweet6 said:
I think 11s are doable. Here is the time slip from my run.

60' 1.79
1/8 7.83@89.64
1/4 12.19@113.88.

Best MPH from that day was 114.00.

I have since put in a 10" 2800 Neal Chance conv. So I am hoping for 11.80s.

Gotta remind people that this is with the stock downpipe and elbow too! :cool:

Thanks.

I could only launch at 2-3lbs since it was cold out. The turbo spools very fast with the 2800 10" converter.

I am putting an Alky Kit on over the winter. So I plan to run 25lbs next spring with that. Then hopefully cut 1.6X 60' times. I think it can do 11.50s.