1/4 times with GT3255

darkred87T

If you look at my sig. you will see my mods. After 2 times at the track and almost ten passes, my best time is 13.4 at 100mph and only with a 1.8 60' with the Mickeys. I keep turning the actuater for more boost and I don't get knock, but it does not change my time. Do I need a bigger turbo or are there some more simple things I can try first to improve my time?

What did you run before you put the turbo on? What boost are you running before and now? Maybe you have an exhaust leak.

My guage reads 20-22PSI steady the whole way down the track with 5 gallons of 100 octane mixed with 1/4 tank of 93. I have very little to no knock on my caspers guage, however I did not have the Direct Scan plugged in for a more accurate reading. I never ran it with the stock turbo and there doesn't seem to be an exhaust leak but I won't rule that out.
What kind of times should I expect with my current set up because my MPH seems kind of low?

I have no experience with the GT3255 but I would think something is out of tune since a stock turbo should be at least that fast. I'd start with the basics of the spring cleaning just to know your ok with that. I don't know about stock injectors for that turbo, you might want to up those some. You don't mention a chip either. That might be worth looking into. Made a huge difference for me. Are you using a Scanmaster or just the knock gauge for now? That Direct Scan would give you a more complete picture. Oh, I just noticed you have stock exhaust in you signiture. If that is what your running I'm sure that's holding you back.

Oh, yeah forgot to mention I have a stock exhaust with a test pipe. I changed my Sig.
I did the spring cleaning, everything is new. It does have an idle issue, but doesn't seem to effect it after idle. I did run it in the 1/4 once with Direct Scan and it did not show anything unusual. I also have a chip burned from Dynotech.
I was considering bigger injectors, but I don't see how that would make me faster in the 1/4 at this point if I am already running over 20PSI boost with no knock.:confused:

If you still have the stock down pipe thats about the best your going to get till you let it breath some more.

Thanks, I'll try a bigger downpipe next. I heard there is also an inlet mod for the intercooler?

Duttweiler neck for the stock intercooler is a good mod.

Or find a used stock stretched core one for cheep.

With the turbo, gas and boost that you say your running, you should be doing more than 100 mph. I'd say that before you go putting more go fast parts on, fix what's wrong. I dont know the altutude of your track but, IMO that sled should trap at least 104. Maybe you've got a sliping trans? I'd start with a scanmaster and check everything out.

Herre is my best time slip from last Friday:
R/T .622
60'......1.894
1/8......8.578
MPH.....80.78
1/4.......13.473
MPH......99.72

gt3255

my dads car with pump gas alky and 21-22lbs ran 7.96@ 88mph in the 1/8th....stock elbow and old 0-60 3 inch dp with big neck ic....surely a dp an big neck arent worth 8 mph and over half a second in the 1/8th...

Something is not right? I have the GT3255 on my car with a big neck stock intercooler, Bluetops, THDP and of course of of the common fuel mods, K&N etc. At 25lbs of boost in 100 degree heat with the dump open running 7.60's.

Here is one slip
R/T .575
60 ft 1.65
1/8 mile 7.61 @ 88 mph

Have not ran the 1/4 yet.

I agree something is not right. I have a GT3255 on my TTA, with only other mods 50s, KN, and a gutted cat. The car went 108 at 18lbs on 100 octane. That was my first time out with it too. I think my car is rich down low. So I had problems building boost. Launching with 0 boost the cars best ET was 12.86 w/ 1.99 60'. With 20+lbs you should be at least 12.50-12.70 range. And that is being very conservative. 12.0-12.2 more like it with a good 60'. I will post back once I get back to the track.

Ditto on something not right.
my car went 13.46 with 2.16 60ft. Only mods were fuel pump, K&N, open exhaust. 20psi on 20* street chip.

I just upgraded to 60lb. injectors, Extender chip, TH 3" downpipe and a Hooker cat back. It runs 100% better on the street and I'm going to the track with it this Friday. I'm sure it will do better this time and I'll keep ya all posted.

Not yet, it's been pretty hot and humid around here lately so I haven't bothered. If the weather breaks I might go tommorow night.