1/4 times with GT3255

I noticed on my time slip from before the converter, I picked up about 2 MPH in the 1/8 mile with the converter, but did the same MPH at the end of the run. I will swap the valve springs over the winter to see if that makes a difference. I know the smaller diameter converter loses efficiency.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but...

Hit 119mph today on the first pass so I would say that's easy 119s for the gt32. Best et 11.59 @117 (2 psi of fuel got my mph back to 119) I'll take it.

More info here
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...h/200483-new-track-time-gt32.html#post1417464

Scott
Hey You Like That,

That's a good MPH. How is that extender chip? I have a 98 Ocatne Extender but was thinking about going to a Turbo Tweak until I noticed your post. Now I think I should try to work with my current extender chip.

Hey You Like That,

That's a good MPH. How is that extender chip? I have a 98 Ocatne Extender but was thinking about going to a Turbo Tweak until I noticed your post. Now I think I should try to work with my current extender chip.

I would save your money with the chip. Looks like our set-up is very close. Anymore info on your 12.3 pass. 60ft, 1/8 time and mph, boost, converter locked, etc.?

Scott

Nah, I haven't been to the track yet this year. The car has a strange idle problem that has plagued it since Iv'e owned it (i.e. idle BLM's pegged at 160, and low MAF). Anyhow, I tried locking the stock converter at around 1/8 mile but it didn't seem to do me any good. I should be getting to the track next weekend. I'll keep you posted.

I got to the track again tonight. The Temps were hovering around 40 degrees. My best pass was 12.0@112 MPH. This was on 93 Octane with alky. I can taste 11's! Oh well maybe next time.

Did you check your throttle body to make sure it and the tps are adjusted properly? I had the same problem a couple years ago and had adjusted the idle set screw instead of moving the tps to achieve correct voltage.
Rich

Oh yeah, Iv'e done all that, TPS, IAC, all new sensors, vacume lines, ect. Who ever owned it before me didn't take care of it and drove it around with a bad turbo and then abandoned it. It would literally smoke the whole neighborhood when I first got it. Lol. However, even after a rebuild, it still doesn't seem to run right. It doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't effect it in the top end though. It only seems to effect the idle.

Gotcha, I also had a bad o2 sensor that made me run fat. It still red, but when I replaced it, found that I was about 10# over on fuel. Good luck!!

I would save your money with the chip. Looks like our set-up is very close. Anymore info on your 12.3 pass. 60ft, 1/8 time and mph, boost, converter locked, etc.?

Scott
Scott,
Just curious, what kind of settings do you have on that Extender chip? Also, I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you had the fuel turned up 2PSI. I know the instructions that came with my chip suggested 42PSI. Are you running 44? I don't mean to pick your brain but I'm trying to get all I can out of my current set up and you seem to have the best 1/4 mile times.

Anyhow,
My best pass now is 12.0@112 a few months back. Outside temps were about 40 degress F. My 60' times were around mid 1.7. Every now and then I got a 1.6. I was running somewhere around 24 PSI. Programmed timing was 23base/ 21 WOT. I have a stock converter with a lock switch. I locked it right out of the hole but it didin't seem to affect my time or MPH.

I'm wondering now if I should try turning up the timing on the translator and turning down boost.

Mike

Mike,
I was at 24lbs with 27deg 1st and 2nd and 25deg in 3rd. the only thing I've done with the chip is plug it in. I still have not set up the custom settings part of it.

I'd turn up the timing and leave the boost alone. you might add a few gallons of race gas in just to be safe. I had to add fuel when I turned up the timing due to a little knock. I'll let you know what the FP is set at I can't remember right now. I really need to start playing with the chip and my new setup.

Hope that helps. Now go beat my times:) .
Scott

I'm at it again. I got an 11.8@112.7MPH and 7.5@91MPH in the 1/8. This is with my recent mods ( P&P heads, cam 3000stall TC and headers-see sig below).

I have a problem though. I have the waste gate vac line disconnected completely and I can still only scrounge up 22-23 PSI. Do I need a bigger turbo now or is something wrong here?