009's whats the best

trbo6gn

i am upgrading to 009 injectors and i was wondering what the best chips would be. setup will be a pte-44 turbo mated to a precision pte fmic. block is bored .30 over.

If you want the BEST then I think the MaxEffort it #1. I had great luck with my Red Armstrong chips with my 009's..

ks:)

I would have to recommend Jay Carter for the 009's. He really knows his stuff on those.

I had one of Red Armstrong's chips in there before Jay's it never really ran right. Always idled and cruised rich. With Jay's chip no more problems.

Of course this might not hold true to your car, as everyone is different.

Brandon

I recommend a Jim Testa chip for the street. The idle and driveability are awesome.

I can't recommend the Red Armstrong chip for the street but at the track I have personally found them to be the fastest and quickest by far.

HTH

What about Joe L's chips? Anybody have experience with them? How do his compare with Jim Testa's?

Thanks, Chris

Originally posted by cjp69
What about Joe L's chips? Anybody have experience with them? How do his compare with Jim Testa's?

Thanks, Chris

I've had both and I like Testa's way better.

Thanks Rob, anybody else?

Rob, I see you also have a Thrasher, I do to for my current bluetops, and I love mine. How do you like that compared to the JT and JL chips? I am primarily a street driver, doing considerable idling in traffic.

I really like the thrasher in my TTA but I can't really compare it to the JT and JL because of engine combination/injector differences between the cars. They are two completely different cars and I have diffferent expectations out of each of them. That being said I'm really happy with the streetability of both chips. With 009's it seems like only a couple of people can burn them properly for the street and Jim Testa is one of them. I didn't like the Lubrant chip it was too rich on the bottom, it didn't idle real well, and it had too much timing on the top for my liking.

My RA 93 is perfect, start-up,cruise,idle,you name it. I have a RA 108 but haven't tried it yet:D . Ross L

I got JL street chip in my car now and it runs great before my car blms were in the 90's after i got the joe lubrant chip i was able to put them at around 128.

Your best bet will probably be Jim Testa.

I always had a rich idle with my RA93 chip. Driveability was good, but If I got the Idle BLM's anywhere close to 120 with fuel pressure the WOT BLM's would be lean.

Testa's chip ran the best.

I've had a Trans+/LS1 MAF/Extender set-up for the last couple of months and let me tell you....it's the BEST. A lot of $$, but I doubt you'll find a better running set-up. No more swapping chips around to find the one your car likes....no more street chip vs. race chip. Very cool set-up....with a scan tool you can really tune you car...

With your set-up...TE44 and front mount IC...your car would really benefit from the "Bob Bailey Treatment".

If that doesn't convince you....I have several 009 chips for sale. RA93 / RA108 / Testa93.

John

I have been searching everywhere online to buy one of Jim Testa's chips for 009s, but havent had any luck...where can I buy one??

well that link isnt working so I am thinking about ordering my chip off of the Caspers electronics website because I dont want to have to go through all of the hassles of sending a check and waiting around for 3 weeks for my new chip!

Some kinda DNS problem. FWIW http://67.85.122.29:231/checksheet.htm works.

Caspers chips are fine, as are Jay Carter and Joe Lubrant, who incidentally is back at PTE. I guess I can understand not wanting to wait, but I have a lot on my plate right now, sorry I couldnt help.

John.....I would be interested in your 93 Testa chip...How much are you looking to get for it???And can you tell me the specs.On the chip...Thanks,Shawn
If that doesn't convince you....I have several 009 chips for sale. RA93 / RA108 / Testa93.

When i ran 009s in my car i used Red Armstrong chips and they worked perfect. I still run his chips with the 55#s i have now.