ZR28 Kill

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
A few weeks back I was out on the local strip and came up behind a black Z28 with the red "R", at a red light, it had very wide wheels probably from a vette and what looked to be Borla exhaust, it sounded good and looked sharp.
I eased around him going through the light not looking his way like I didn't know he was there, of course I'm running open exhaust so I got his attention very quick especially since he is on my passengers side right where the exhaust cut out is (it's loud)

Were running along at about 35mph he pulls up beside and guns it once I pick up a little speed and he nails it, I hit it at about 40mph I look down at the speedo and I'm doing 80 with a one car lead I didn't let off till 115mph and by then I had him by 3 car lengths, race over.

We pull over down the street a little ways and he say's well I wasn't disappointed:eek: He asked about the car and said that he was looking to buy a GN but they were to expensive?
He said he would race me again when he got his blower and his nitrous, I told him yeah just let me know when and I'll turn up my boost! :D :D :D

Originally posted by fast86gn

He said he would race me again when he got his blower and his nitrous

LOL! Gotta love all the excuses, eh? :D Nobody wants to just admit that they lost to a faster car without excuses or catches. Quite a shame.

There are no Z28 "R"s, must have been something he put on the car himself. Any idea what year/motor is was?

Good kill BTW... :cool:

I've seen a few of them, I assume it is an aftermarket package maybe the same as the G2 package but I'm not sure.

It reads ZR28, with the R being red. The car was mid to late 90's not sure about the motor but it had LT1 badges.

ZR28's are from Lou Giglotti (Former Trans Am Racer) motorsports.

great kill:D .. i kthink i know someone with one of those not sure.. it goyt an R on it i think:confused: .. hmm... o wellz.. great kill.. ;) :D :cool:

WTF is a Z28-R? What azzhole puts on an "R" emblem like some jap ricer-mobeel? Then has to say "Oh I'd race 'ya when I get my blower and nitrous yuk yuk yuk". Yea ok, now go plow some fields Jethro.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
WTF is a Z28-R? What azzhole puts on an "R" emblem like some jap ricer-mobeel? Then has to say "Oh I'd race 'ya when I get my blower and nitrous yuk yuk yuk". Yea ok, now go plow some fields Jethro.

Check out UNGN's post it is a ZR28 not an Z28-R big difference!

If you have ever heard of LG Motorsports, it is a add on performance package!

Hope this clears up any confusion.