Zo6

precisiongn

I got my IPO propane kit www.importpoweronline.com last week and have been trying to tune it when I get a chance...work has been busy and it has been wet here in DFW lately. Saturday night around 1:00 a.m. I am out trying to see if I can push the kit past 20psi without getting any knock and me and two of my buddies are driving down Harwood Rd. and we see a red Zo6. I love vettes and I think even though i'll prolly lose, how many chances do you get to race a high dollar vette? So I pull up next to him and hammer it and he does nothing. I let off the gas and slow down and when he is about two cars behind me, he hammers it and flys by me. I pin it again and he slows down so we get about even. Then I wait for him to get on it again. He does and we go at about the same time. He puts about 2 cars on me before my turbo spools up and then I not only keep up with him but start to pull him...hard. I go by him and the look on his face was about as surprised as the look on my face. I slowed back down and he caught up to me, gave me the thumbs up and turned off onto his street. Nice guy with a slow(er) vette. So that is my first kill story worhty of a post on the boards. Hopefully there is many more to come...

BTW

Captain Mark...I noticed you live in North Texas. All other Turbo Buick guys who live in North Texas, I am going out to Kennedale 1/8 mile on Sunday night. Maybe some of the Buick Brethren would like to meet out there?

http://www.texasraceway.com/

Post up and hopefully I will see some there.

Warren

How do ya like the propane kit? I've been debating on an alcohol kit or a propane kit. Both come close in cost. I'm kind of waiting to see results of the propane kit's effectiveness first though.

Alky or Propane

It's said that the Propane is hard to overdo but I have had a few difficulties tuning this kit. You can easily flood the car with propane and stall it out. Plus the IPO kit does not have a control module that sits in the cabin with you. It is all controlled by basically a check valve in the trunk and a hobbs switch that activates the solenoid based on turbo psi. So, you twist, turn, and guess and check. The SMC Alky kit has a control module you can tune from the driver's seat. Turbo Tim runs both and I am prolly gonna do the same since he could go 24psi on pump gas with 0.0 knock...and he has aluminum heads. Neither are too terribly expensive so this seems like a pretty viable option. I am not done tuning the propane to the maximum efficiency yet, but so far I have been pleased when it has worked. It is a tough choice to decide between the two and I have two buddies that run the SMC kit and are pleased but if you can afford it run both and never knock again.

Speed Limit

Well the speed limit is 40 so i'd say we might have broke it a little and got up to 43 or so...;)

...I really didn't pay attention, I know the car pulls really hard though, my turbo really doesn't wake up till' above 15psi and before it was set to 12 which was really fustrating to hear it spool to 12 and the car really goes nowhere. I think I have got all problelms with the propane fixed and now am ready to turn the boost up another notch so we'll see if I have any more kill stories, but i'll prolly just wait till I go to the track.

Originally posted by precisiongn
He puts about 2 cars on me before my turbo spools up and then I not only keep up with him but start to pull him...hard. I go by him and the look on his face was about as surprised as the look on my face. I slowed back down and he caught up to me, gave me the thumbs up and turned off onto his street. n

AND THEN, HE COMMITS SUICIDE.........:D