Zmax Dragway @ Concrod

V6 Beast

Under Pressure
We went to qualifing to the inagurual Carolina Nationals at Zmaz dragway. I have to tell you that this may be the nicest facility in the country. If someone doesn't get a national event there so everyone can check it out then you will be missing out for sure. Here are some pictures I took.

Untitled Document

Sully

In the pictures, it looks like there's two tracks running parallel? What's that?

In the pictures, it looks like there's two tracks running parallel? What's that?

There are!

From the website

"The state-of-the art drag racing facility is the only all-concrete, four-lane drag strip in the United States. A pair of two-lane strips, located side-by-side, allow for a variety of opportunities including specific track preparation for different vehicles, racing four cars at a time, and the possibility for racing to continue in the event of an oil-down that requires extensive cleanup to one of the lanes."

Until now, I thought that Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ was nice (it still is though...)...but now that I've seen this....WOW!...What a beautiful facility!...:eek:

Claude.:wink:

Nice is not the word to use either, more like unreal. First class all the way. Did have a TA funney car test the sand trap and catch fence as his chute did not open.
He was OK but not sure about the car, good and bad for him was he qualified for the field on that run but hurt the car. Hope he can get it fixed in time foor eliminations.

Here are some of my pictures from today, I will load more later.

jwillettgn/Z Max Dragway - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jim

Hey nice! Looks like a 10 megapixel camera. Wow, that is life huh.... Why anyone would want to stay in the northeast is a wonder.

Does anyone know when they will be open for test and tune runs?

That's eveyone's question around here... :confused:

I spent Thurs.-Sun. out there and it is incredible!! Nothing like being part of the stir-fry in the big wok... :biggrin:

PS- It will be interesting to see how many racers/shop move or open up in the area. I know Tasca has plans already!!

K.