ZDDPlus

BUMP...

Does anyone know of any big-box stores that carry this? (i.e. Advance, O'Reilly's, etc.)

Thanks....

Enough to break in my flat tappet monster in my MCSS
I think you need 2 bottles for the MCSS. 1 for the break in and 1 for after you drain the break in oil. And 1 for the GN.1 for the Dually, 1 for the MAX, And 2 for the HDs So... Looks like you need 7 bottles.:eek: :D I can bring them up to Dereck's shop Friday night. If you want to stop by.

I think you need 2 bottles for the MCSS. 1 for the break in and 1 for after you drain the break in oil. And 1 for the GN.1 for the Dually, 1 for the MAX, And 2 for the HDs So... Looks like you need 7 bottles.:eek: :D I can bring them up to Dereck's shop Friday night. If you want to stop by.

Cannot... gotta work...

LMK how much... hell, I havent changed the oil in the Dually YET!

I assume your joking on the newer models, but you don't use ZDDP on OBD II vehicles.... anything 1996 or newer.

Can someone answer the question of whether or not it's available in any nationwide retail stores?

I assume your joking on the newer models, but you don't use ZDDP on OBD II vehicles.... anything 1996 or newer.

The way I read this its more for flat-tappet camshafts than anything else....

So... mid-80's depending on your engine.

HD cant build good cam bearings so the bearings die before the ramps on the camshafts anyway....

From what I read.ZDDPlus™ - ZDDP Additive for Classic Cars - Agricultural Equipment & More I think it's a choice of what I want for my vehicles 1996 or newer?... A catalytic converter that can last 120,000 miles "without" ZDDPlus? OR a motor that has less wear @ 120,000 miles "with" ZDDPlus? If ZDDP can protect the high pressure wear points.(cam lobes) I think it must be good for any wear points in any year motor. But it's just what I think.:rolleyes: . It might be just me... But I choose less wear on the motor. :D

Can someone answer the question of whether or not it's available in any nationwide retail stores?

Is there an alternative to ZDDplus that can be bought at your local auto parts?

yup.. Penn Grade 1 High Performance Oil for you those on the mainland, probably easier to get than here in Hawaii.. its the same company that made the kendall oil... for the 808 folks, yes its available locally..about $8 per quart though..contact Bob at PB Machine, 839-7588

808...I appreciate the reply, but $40 for five quarts of motor oil is a little much for my taste.

808...I appreciate the reply, but $40 for five quarts of motor oil is a little much for my taste.

quick, $8 per quart is the Hawaii price, due to shipping..Ive seen prices on the mainland for $5 or so, similar price to synthetic..just did a quick search on google and found many places on the mainland sells brad penn...

BRAD PENN RACING OIL 10W30
The Oil Warehouse

you own a GN that many people want, I believe in spending a few bucks more a few times a year..especially on a car that is already 20+ years old..