ZDDP recommended for roller cam?

626gn

Is adding a bottle of ZDDP still recommended if you have a billet roller cam & lifters? I’ve done a search and read comments from both sides but haven’t found a definitive answer. I’m leaning towards using it since I have a few bottles laying around anyway but I recall reading a couple posts advising against it. I don’t see what harm it could do but just want to make sure…

Is adding a bottle of ZDDP still recommended if you have a billet roller cam & lifters? I’ve done a search and read comments from both sides but haven’t found a definitive answer. I’m leaning towards using it since I have a few bottles laying around anyway but I recall reading a couple posts advising against it. I don’t see what harm it could do but just want to make sure…
ZDDP is an anti wear additive and it helps protect other parts of the engine besides the cam lobe to lifter face contact. Stock rocker arms, roller rockers, roller lifters, bearings, rings, wrist pins and engines with increased spring pressures all benefit from the use of ZDDP and its anti wear properties. I do not see a down side to using ZDDP in an engine with a roller cam.

I run one with every oil change
ZDDP is an anti wear additive and it helps protect other parts of the engine besides the cam lobe to lifter face contact. Stock rocker arms, roller rockers, roller lifters, bearings, rings, wrist pins and engines with increased spring pressures all benefit from the use of ZDDP and its anti wear properties. I do not see a down side to using ZDDP in an engine with a roller cam.
Thanks guys