Zapped a Lightning!

With a lot of cars though, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and I think this is expecially true with the Lightning.

TTA89- Why ditch the Hooks?

They dont work as good as Stock Headers. Ask in the Lounge, You'll gain performance with the stockers :) They are good till WELL into the 10s.

Hey Dan- ditch the link..

I went there and I hit the scroll button on my mouse and some Illegal Action $#it came on the screen telling me that my port and IP have been recorded. I guess I'm going to jail now b/c I was trying to look at their page:rolleyes:

Being a GM guy all my life I swore Id never say that ford did anything right. Well, Im eat'in crow cause IMO the lightning is a pretty damn cool piece of iron. I dont care for the latest wheels but other than that they are a sweet ride.

Would I trade my Sy for one? Nah.. Would like to have one to tow with though. I miss being able to do a big ol fat sideways gettin smokey at will. Just cant swallow the sticker price..

Hey!!!! GM!!! YOU IN THERE???!!! HELLO... hello...hello... Build SOMETHING that can compete with the lighting in the looks/performance dept!!! Ya buncha knot head, bean countin, screw up a one car parade, idiots...

I went to the above link and the red thingy is just a little too "hoopty" looking for me.. Lightning looks "tuff" not ghetto-ized like that thing does. Blehk.. patooey..

This guy might come to the track with me this weekend. I'll keep you updated.

At the 8th mile he ran a 8.53@~83mph OUT OF THE THROTTLE (Brokeout)

Only mods are removing the muffs.
:eek:

That easily would best a stock or even near stock GN I'm thinking.

I ran a best of 8.014@87.7mph on Slicks with my mild mods.

Time to get the credit card out!

Ford Lightning

Last week I went to Moroso with a friend to watch the test and tune action and I saw two Lightnings (one red and one white) running some very impressive times... Both trucks were running very low 12's like 12.1 and 12.0's at about 112 to 113mph and the red lightning ran an 11.9@113.5mph the last pass I saw it make... Both were on slicks and both of the trucks seemed to be launching very hard... Needless to say I'm very impressed with these TRUCKS, because the fastest LS1 powered car I've seen so far at the track (which was a 2001 6spd Z28) ran a best of 12.3@114mph, but I've seen four Lightnings so far running better ETs... I'm not much of a Ford fan, but I must admit that those things run hard and from what I could see they didn't have many mods, although, I wonder if the stock Eaton SC is capable of running these times??? My buddy is seriously considering getting one since it's a truck with a respectable payload, but it can also haul some serious ass when you want it to:D

I, too, like the new lightnings. I watched four run this past Sat. night at Beech Bend; all were in the 12's except for one that ran a 14.1. Don't know what their mods were but they had a wicked exhaust note.

All the Lightnings I've seen launch very hard and most likely cut some pretty good 60ft times like 1.7's at least and that makes all the difference in quarter mile drag racing and I'm pretty sure that much like our cars they only came with auto trannies which makes them a lot easier to launch... Build boost and say good bye:D

Thanks Hoss

I have always believed that if you want to go fast in the quarter a turboed or supercharged car with an auto tranny is the way to go... Main reason I bought my GN, although, I also like the looks of the brick I mean buick:D

13.68@101 in Vegas
14.39@96 in Denver
4875lbs with driver

Attachments

• image002s.jpg
    image002s.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 87