Z51 Vette

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
You're prayers have been answered...I'm back in action.
Went out hunting tonight after leaving the gym.

For the first 1/2 hour, I found myself in a target rich environment, but could not get the right conditions to make a kill before losing the target.

First I was lining up a C5 Vette (his plate said C5 something), but.... too much traffic. He paced me for awhile and then turned off.:rolleyes:

Then as I sat at a light in traffic, I hear someone rev-ing their V8 back behind me to the left. I look over and it's some guy in a new SS Camaro and he's grinning ear to ear at me. He was two lanes over and turning left...I was in the middle lane and going straight....no joy.:rolleyes:

Then I found an M3....again...too much traffic:rolleyes:

Then I found an M5....had a wide open road....I paced it a bit to see if it'd bite...moving forward....dropping back...went on for about a mile....then I looked over when we had some street lights to illuminate the driver a little...there's this Botox'd Cougar scowling back at me as if too say, "Get your ugly old lady car away from my new M5 before I pepper spray you."
she slowed way down and turned to get away from the creep in the Buick...:tongue:

I was about to call it quits, but tried one more good loop I know of.
As I drove along....I saw what looked like my old buddy in his red Viper with the laundry rack on the back going the other way....I owe him a pay back, but there was no way I'd get turned around an catch him...he's always got his foot in it.

I keep driving....getting bummed....then...as I;m sitting at a light....a nice black Vette goes through the intersection in front of me kinda hot and turning left to go straight ahead of me....
Kill, kill, kill, kill....
:cool:
I get a green light, so I get after it....

Up ahead I can see him slowing for a red....and there's an open lane....yeah!!!

Light turned green before I could get there and he acclerates semi hot, as I come along side him, I hit the throttle and then let out to blow the boost off at him.
Trap set....

Next light is turning red with lanes open, and there's a good stretch for killin' a Vette.
It's a nice looking, sounding Vette....
All black and the plates say "BKPNTHR"...I think...didn't get a full read on them.
I roll up to the light first and stopped about 10 feet back.
As he rolls up, he goes right up to the line, then I creeped up so that my fender was even with his door.
He's looking over at the hood and badges, but does not seem impressed....yet....

We're both gripping our wheel and waiting....

Light turned green and we're off...
I gave him the jump while rolling into it to maintain traction and then nailed it when my front bumper was even with his back.
I hazed the tires, went around him pretty easy and got up about 2 lengths before letting out.

We slowed for the next light and as he comes back along side he has a look on his face like..."What the hockey sticks just happened to me?"
He let's his window down and...
Me: What model is your Vette?
Him: Z51
Me: (Just thinking quietly as I looked it over....huh....never heard of that one)
Me: All stock? (as the light turns green and we start to roll ahead)
Him: Yeah...
Him: What about that....stock?
Me: shaking me head back and forth real slow...while saying "nope" as I pull away....
Him: laughing....and still hurting inside....

They are supposed to 0-60 in the high 3's and 1/4 in the low 12's, on par with a LS6 Z06.
Not a bad first kill for 2010....
:D

Thanks for being so patient...

Good Kill as usual...

Back in the early 90's when I had my first TR I came up with the idea of only running other cars if ,when I won, (note that I did not say "if") I could remove one of the loosing car's badges. I figured it would be funny to glue all the 5.0 and corvette badges on my quarterpanels like the old fighter planes. No one would ever bite...:frown:

If that worked, I figure your car would be covered with badges... I 'm sure more than a few repeats too...:cool:

Rock on!

Good Kill as usual...

Back in the early 90's when I had my first TR I came up with the idea of only running other cars if ,when I won, (note that I did not say "if") I could remove one of the loosing car's badges. I figured it would be funny to glue all the 5.0 and corvette badges on my quarterpanels like the old fighter planes. No one would ever bite...:frown:

If that worked, I figure your car would be covered with badges... I 'm sure more than a few repeats too...:cool:

Rock on!

That would be hilarious...never have I heard of that..

And nice kill again chicken...I hope to be up and running good this spring and hopefully I'll add some contributions to the section :)

A guy here at work has a stock '02 Z06 and says he wants to run me. He's been asking ever since he heard I beat up on another co-workers Porsche here a few months back...

I warned the guy that I'm 2-0 against LS6 Z06's... 3-0 if you count this Z51 which is within a tenth in acceleration with the LS6 Z06 and sent him this link....but....he still wants a whoopin....even sent me a pic of $250....:D

Gonna have to take his lunch money from him I guess....:rolleyes:

Then I found an M5....had a wide open road....I paced it a bit to see if it'd bite...moving forward....dropping back...went on for about a mile....then I looked over when we had some street lights to illuminate the driver a little...there's this Botox'd Cougar scowling back at me as if too say, "Get your ugly old lady car away from my new M5 before I pepper spray you."
she slowed way down and turned to get away from the creep in the Buick...:tongue:
God Dam Chicken you had me in tears with the Cougar comment. LMAO! Nice kill on the Vette. Looks like ur gonna hard to beat this year. I look foward to ur next roasting.....;)

God Dam Chicken you had me in tears with the Cougar comment. LMAO! Nice kill on the Vette. Looks like ur gonna hard to beat this year. I look foward to ur next roasting.....;)

Yeah...once one of these South Orange County Cougars has a fresh batch of Botox stuffed under their faces, it can be pretty hard to make a call on whether they are happy or pissed with you.:redface:

Is she smiling...or bearing her teeth?

You kinda have to watch for other visual qeue's, and wait to see what comes out of their purse in their shooting hand...
If it's lipstick....oh happy day!:D
If it's pepper spray....unless you have faster reflex's and feet than her trigger finger... get ready to start clawing at your face:eek: