z28 slaughtered tonight

need boost

got boost? you should!
Staff member
I am new to t buicks and just got mine about a month ago, I am a pretty easy going fellow and it takes a lot to tick me off but I went to leave work tonight and dude found my tick off spot lol. We went out to leave and he pulls up by my car with his 2001 z28 and says let me her it run, no sweat lol I fired her up and he says man get that s@#t out of here. A buddy of mine just looked at him and said I don't think you want any of it lol. Well I let it slide and get ready to leave and here is this fool waiting on me on the road I pull out and start to go [ realize that I am about 3 car lenghts back behind him] and he nails it WRONG move I floor it and blow by him still spinning as I shifted to third I pulled about 3 on him and just let off lol. We both pull into pilot gas station and get out hahahaha all he could say is 6 only 6 cylinders!!! man that just ain't right lol he's a pretty cool kid just needed his butt handed to him to mellow him out and I sure did it hahaha just had to share it with you guys later Daniel

remember that this car is new to me and I am still learning them myself but so far from the previous owner and what I have learned here is the list t63 turbo, 50lb injs, 7th inj setup, k&n, meise [ not sure thats spelled right lol ] uppipe from intercooler, LIQUID intercooler, chrome pipe from filter to turbo, moser axles in rear, tranny was built and hits hard! some monster plug wires that I have never heard of before,The motor was also built but I have no idea of whats inside as I didn't do it and the owner couldn't remember the specs as it had been around 5 years since he had it built in north carolina, I called and talked to the shop that built it but they couldn't remember what all they did either arrrrr I am sure I am forgetting something else later Daniel :D

oh and stainless exhaust all the way from the turbo back told you I was forgetting something lol Daniel

hot wire kit twin pumps tranny cooler lol maybe thats all so far I keep remembering things Daniel

wow sounds like you got a lot of mods done. NICE KILL. always nice to put someone in their place. ;) good job.

You said you're new to this, so let me tell you something....the thrill will never go away. 5 years from now when you spank some c0cky a-hole you'll still get the friggin' giggles! Nice kill, be safe.

lol let me clear up new to this I am 36 and have always been into fast cars the buick is the new addition to my addiction lol. I have a 79 ta for cruising, 87 monte ss for play with a strong 350 , a 68 400 firebird with the spray on it and a lot of mods for serious play and I show it at shows but NOW for the really serious play the BUICK holy smokes wish I had bought this one years ago!!! The old boy that had it had lost his job and the car had to go I hated it for him really not picking on that but I was glad to take it to a good home MINE lol the car also has bags in both rear springs ghessss maybe I have remembered it all now lol scanmaster and vdo gauges in it to later guys Daniel:D

I just love it when a GN puts some cockey bastard in his place. Nice kill

Originally posted by need boost
lol let me clear up new to this I am 36 and have always been into fast cars the buick is the new addition to my addiction lol. I have a 79 ta for cruising, 87 monte ss for play with a strong 350 , a 68 400 firebird with the spray on it and a lot of mods for serious play and I show it at shows but NOW for the really serious play the BUICK holy smokes wish I had bought this one years ago!!! The old boy that had it had lost his job and the car had to go I hated it for him really not picking on that but I was glad to take it to a good home MINE lol the car also has bags in both rear springs ghessss maybe I have remembered it all now lol scanmaster and vdo gauges in it to later guys Daniel:D
Like you said, it's too bad that it took you so long to end up getting one of these! My first car was an '87 GN and everything I've driven since has left me disappointed as heck. Remember, though, TR owners are total martyrs....all that superiority comes at a price. From now on untill the stars burn out you'll have morons telling you, 'Nice Monte', and, 'My cousin's roomate's brother's wife's uncle had the v8 GN.' :mad:

.... From now on untill the stars burn out you'll have morons telling you, 'Nice Monte', and, 'My cousin's roomate's brother's wife's uncle had the v8 GN.' :mad: [/B]

ain't that the truth!!! I'd like to have a decal made for the rear window that reads, "No, it's not a Monte Carlo and no, there never were any V8 Grand Nationals!!!!!"
:p :p :p :p

???????????????????

Originally posted by turbofrank
There is such thing as V8 GN. Do the homework:cool:

SAY WHAT?????????

I've done the homework. There were v8 Regals with a "T" package, but no turbo, and no production v8 Grand Nationals. Please check your sources and show me what I've supposedly missed. ;)

Rob

From now on untill the stars burn out you'll have morons telling you, 'Nice Monte', and, 'My cousin's roomate's brother's wife's uncle had the v8 GN.' [/B]

Trust me I am used to it anyway my 68 400 firebird always has a ton of idiots asking me what year is your camaro jesssss read the fender you morons lol I have took it for years with the firebird so I quess I can take it with this one as well mine is a t-type still black which I like with all grey interior

Originally posted by Epitome
1982 V8 GN.....it's just not black....or fast lol :)

that's interesting....I have strong doubts about the authenticity of the vehicle you are referring to. In all the literature I've read I've never seen *ANY* mention of a "V8 powered Grand National" other than to dismiss the rumors of such a vehicle.

Can you point me to any documentation indicating that a *production* (not dealership, custom shop or privately fabricated) V8 powered GN exists?

I re-read through the info. at:

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/

and no mention of an '82 V8 GN there either.

Rob

Hey I was up late that night :) For some reason I was equating non-turbocharged with V8, which is definitely incorrect. I withdraw my ridiculous statement lol.

82' came with a n/a 4.1 V6 or a turbo 4.1. There were less than 10 or so with turbo's. They also were not all black. BTW great kill for a newbie. Also, I hate you for getting a tuned GN new (to you). Mine was all stock, and all my cash went into changing that fact.

Nick