Yukon VS Expedition?

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
Guys-

I have no dealer close so that doesnt matter...

Whats your opinions good or bad? We will be going with a regular Yukon and an Expedition.... loaded to the balls.

Leasing it through the business for 2 years so not worried about extended warranties etc..

Thoughts and Opinions please by about mid week. Gonna drive em both tomorrow.

TIA

Ty

Yukon.

If Ford Offered a Diesel Expedition, I'd say expedition, but you only can get the 5.4L (or the wimpy 4.6L in the 2010). No way you could tow a trailer with a 4.6L XPD.

If you get a yukon, get the 5.3L with the 6 speed and not the 4.8L with the 4 speed. Its worth the money to upgrade ($1000 :rolleyes: )

It really depends what you are looking for. I like the power of the Yukon but the comfort of the Expedition.

When I was looking 4 years ago, I was faced with the same decision. During my hunt I came across a Toyota Sequoia and was really impressed with the interior room in comparison to the other 2. That was really important to me with 2 young children. On the flip side my 02 Sequoia is not fun to tow with.......

Best of luck!

Tahoe has the best looking front end imo.

I'm a chevy man, but I have a Expedition 4x4 with 257k on it and still tiptop.

I would go after a 6.0 yukon xl myself. regular yukon is to small for two kids if you go on a trip. just my 2 cents. good luck

I’d avoid a “loaded to the balls” version of the Yukon. Seems all of the electronics are made from gum wrappers; and are just as durable. Take it back to the dealer all you want; but the problem is going to exist till the warranty runs out; then they find the expensive part that you need to replace. GM still can’t make an electronic (or computer) controlled A/C system that works for more than a day. Don’t forget to insist that you get a free loaner during the repairs. Take it on vacation.

While I’m at it; I’ll say that GM should also let their engineers finish elementary school before they put them to work.

And if all of this upsets any current or former GM folks; please contact me and let me know why it took over a year to figure out that the speed sensor in the transmission wasn’t bolted down; and that the air control motors in the A/C weren’t wired properly.

Joe
817-312-5445

Operators are waiting!

I have a '98 Expedition 5.4 v-8 that I use for work and I LOVE it. I've had it for almost 4 years and have 125k miles on it and no real problems........and I've towed my GN a couple hundred miles with it, no prob.

I say Tahoe over both. I love my Z71 and I think the front of the Yukon is hideous. Just my opinion. They're all obviously very good SUV's.

I sold a Tahoe to a couple that had bought an Expedition brand new many years ago. They towed a travel trailer and not even 50 miles from the dealer the rear got squirly (sp) and totaled the trailer and vehicle. They told me this while I was showing it to them so if it's got the IRS I wouldn't buy it. That's what they had.

When are you going to get that Ford crap out of your head;)

Buy the Yukon! Personally I like the Suburban better but they are the same truck with a little different dress on it:biggrin:

Remember the conversation we had in BG about Donna's truck. That thing was macking:biggrin::biggrin:

I have owned Both 1998 ford expedition Eddie Bauer and now a 2005 Tahoe. The ford was just okay due to all the individual coils going out one at a time costing right around $300 a pop, New rear end! :eek:

Tahoe, Not one single problem so far and the ride of the Tahoe blows the Expedition away!! :biggrin: The Tahoe rides like a Cadilac and is loaded to the max and LOVE IT!!

SW.

I sold a Tahoe to a couple that had bought an Expedition brand new many years ago. They towed a travel trailer and not even 50 miles from the dealer the rear got squirly (sp) and totaled the trailer and vehicle. They told me this while I was showing it to them so if it's got the IRS I wouldn't buy it. That's what they had.

After all is said and done, problems like that are usually the problem of a badly hitched tow, and usually always a bad load balance issue by a rooky tower. A tongue light hitch up will always cause such an issue.

When are you going to get that Ford crap out of your head;)

Buy the Yukon! Personally I like the Suburban better but they are the same truck with a little different dress on it:biggrin:

Remember the conversation we had in BG about Donna's truck. That thing was macking:biggrin::biggrin:

Oh Yeah:biggrin: Can't let Donna out do me lol... heading out today to test drive some:D

After all is said and done, problems like that are usually the problem of a badly hitched tow, and usually always a bad load balance issue by a rooky tower. A tongue light hitch up will always cause such an issue.

Yep; a rookie that believes a 1/2 ton rating gives you a 1/2 ton capacity will do it also. Some things just aren’t designed to do what they are advertized to do.

Well guys I spoke for a 2009 Suburban today, Really well equiped with the Z-71 package.

We will pick it up Monday or Tuesday. They are putting on a smoked bug shield and tinting the front two windows to match the rest.

I will post pics when we get it home:biggrin:

I bet the wife takes care of Daddy tonight in the hot tub
arco.gif

Same look as the Tahoe. ;)

Will need more ho tub details and pics(of the wife only) tomorrow.