Your thoughts please: New Z06 being considered:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Well, I've sort of got an appointment tomorrow morning to look at a new '08 Z06, 2LZ option code, navigation, which I would rather not have but have no choice there, red or black exterior, & probably ebony (black) interior on both.
Aluminum rims in machine grey color which I do like over the polished or chrome at a very attractive price: $63K probably not including shipping & destination & documentation, & damn sure not including tax & license, of which tax will definitely hurt. I am open to comments as I sort of feel innocuous or indifferent about it. I wan another toy-car, but I am not sure this is the time, nor am i sure that there ever will be a good time.

Hi Gary.
At your age, you shouldn't be spending all your hard saved cash on fast cars....nope....not wise spending.

My personal and honest opinion is that you should look towards a charitable cause and invest your dollars there. You will feel so rewarded while watching your dollars go to a good charitable cause and seeing how it helps another.

With that said....I hope I've convinced you to stear clear of this selfish endeavor which will leave you feeling empty.

I have recently been called a charity case, so I will PM you my Paypal account info and you can transfer that $63K into my account and watch me grow from your generosity.

oh....don't forget the tax license and registration fees also....you won't be needing that cash going to waste on selfish endeavors either.

Thanks, ol' buddy!:biggrin:

Hi Gary,
When it's all said and done, it'll be $70k. In 3 years, that $70k will depreciate down to maybe $35-$40k if ur lucky. If you really want to indulge, spent it on a GNX where it'll keep it's value or more in a few years. Or you can split the $70 with Tim and myself. hehehehe I'll pm you my paypal, also.

Thanks for your support gnbooster87....
See Gary...all these guys are agreeing with my idea...just send it to my Paypal account.

Devil's Advocate here

If:
You have adequate cash for emergencies (6 months of expenses)
You are debt free, including your house
You have a 401K funded to live the rest of your life in ultimate comfort
You routinely donate to charity

Then, enjoy your new car, and the immediate depreciation you will realize as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Any other Dave Ramsey followers out there?

you going to keep the old vette?

lemme know if your gonna trade it in.

THATS a bad ass car Gary. Yeah, you could buy a gnx, build a stage car, or what ever; but with that car not only comes power, great looks, stopping power, but also comfort and last but not least,,,,DEPENDABILITY! and a 100k warranty:eek:

I'd buy it.

drop me a few bucks for supporting you I need some money:D
thanks uncle Gary;)

Gary, I don't know your financial situation. Some great advice above was given by turbopete!

If you can afford GO FOR IT! You only live once and deserve to be happy! I know that is alot of money, but I would go with my heart. You could buy a GNX with that, but would you drive it and enjoy it?

Again you only live once, and like I tell my Mom you can't take it with you:biggrin:

Gary the depreciation factor would concern me.I would estimate a $15,000 savings by buying a used low miles car.Buy from a private party & get a favorable receipt, screw the DMV. There are plenty to chose from.I too am tempted by the deals out there & would go for it if I didn't like my porsche so much.If you still have to have new. Wait till December when the stealer's are really desperate & zero % financing comes back which it will.Your not stupid I'm sure you'll make the right decision. My prayers are with whom ever you chose to do business with though lol

options

Instead of a Z06, the used C6s seem to me a great deal now. You can get a loaded 05 or 06 with a few thousand in mods for low 30s now. I've seen modded H/C/I C6s with the same 450-460 rwhp as the new Z06 for mid to low 30s. I like the C6 but rode in the Z06 on an open track which was impressive, but don't think it is worth the $30k+ difference.

Lots of cheaper options if you want to enjoy another car. Modding your 02 Z06 would be fun, but driving the car on an open track with no mods would be a blast. I'd just get them out and drive them. I see a lot of garage queen vettes that never see rain, etc., which doesn't seem too fun to me considering they are a mass produced vehicle.

Gary, only you can determine whether you can afford the car. But if you can, go for it. I'm one of those "life is short, enjoy yourself" and "you can't take it with you" guys. Don't get black. 20 miniutes after washing and driving my GN, it looks dirty again. What a pain in the ass black cars are.

Those cars sure are bad :) I'm looking at an 02 Z06 about 90 miles away, 33K miles on the clock, clear title, local trade in, one owner, already got them down to $25K trying to get them to go $24K and some change but unless I stumble on a nice 96+ GTS or 97+ RT/10 Viper for under 30K before this weekend I'm gonna have to jump on that Z06.

If it ain't going to strap you for cash then do whatever you want, like most other people here I'd hate that depreciation hit but that's life if you buy a new car.

If you get one, please share some pics, love or hate them, they really are nice looking cars.

Well, unfortunately, I have pretty much come to my senses about this. I am not sure that I am ready to keep 3 cars again due to moving them in & out of a single lane driveway, adding another car to my insurance, and trying to keep 3 cars reasonably clean, and as it is now I don't show the vette the attention that I used to as it is a dd, already has 68K miles on it, & depreciates by the minute, but serves excellent as a dd. Eventually the right turbo-t will come along for me, well, there again, maybe. I am not about to buy a new Z06 & beat it up as a dd, like the last one, and I am not really ready to add a 3rd car either. Screwed, I guess. Back to the drawing board on this one. I guess having a $1.00 or 2 in my pocket won't kill me. Thanks everybody for your thoughts. This economy really sucks, and I think that the government has squelched the news media from printing anything about any of the banks going under to avoid a panic. Ever thought about what would really happen if everybody went to their bank and drew all of their money. Think about that.

Those cars sure are bad :) I'm looking at an 02 Z06 about 90 miles away, 33K miles on the clock, clear title, local trade in, one owner, already got them down to $25K trying to get them to go $24K and some change but unless I stumble on a nice 96+ GTS or 97+ RT/10 Viper for under 30K before this weekend I'm gonna have to jump on that Z06.

If it ain't going to strap you for cash then do whatever you want, like most other people here I'd hate that depreciation hit but that's life if you buy a new car.

If you get one, please share some pics, love or hate them, they really are nice looking cars.

$25K seems a little high to me for that kind of mileage on a C5 Z06, but I haven't looked at Corvette forum C5 section for quite a while. Also "Digital Corvettes" & "Z06.com" but the best & most popular site is of course, Corvette Forum. You are almost in a Z16 area there. There's nothing wrong with a C5Z06, I know more than a few vette peeps that feel that a low mileage C5Z06 is a better deal than a C6Z06, figuring the dollar difference, & the fact that the C5Z06 has already gone through most of it's deprecation cycle.

Gary, only you can determine whether you can afford the car. But if you can, go for it. I'm one of those "life is short, enjoy yourself" and "you can't take it with you" guys. Don't get black. 20 miniutes after washing and driving my GN, it looks dirty again. What a pain in the ass black cars are.
Not to brag, Chris, but I'm a little ahead of you there, probably due through age only. Years back I had a black car, and I told myself that I would never do that one again. Nothing looks as good as a black car freshly cleaned, polished, detailed, & waxed, but nothing looks as bad as a black car when it loses it's luster. My soul might be black, but all of my favorite high performance vehicles through out life have been white, including the turbobricks.

$25K seems a little high to me for that kind of mileage on a C5 Z06, but I haven't looked at Corvette forum C5 section for quite a while. Also "Digital Corvettes" & "Z06.com" but the best & most popular site is of course, Corvette Forum. You are almost in a Z16 area there. There's nothing wrong with a C5Z06, I know more than a few vette peeps that feel that a low mileage C5Z06 is a better deal than a C6Z06, figuring the dollar difference, & the fact that the C5Z06 has already gone through most of it's deprecation cycle.

I've found cheaper Z06's from private sellers but they have more mileage on them, I've spent a week scouring Fleabay, several forums, auto trader, etc and I've come to the conclusion the price is pretty good since I can't find any cheaper with the same or less miles. If you see any 02+ Z06 or a GTS Viper (or 97+ RT/10) for a damn good price let me know asap :)

I'm buying this car to use for road course hpde's and hope to get into SCCA club racing next year after I get the schooling and track time I need to qualify for that. So I'm going to beat the everloving crap out of it really.

I haven't stumbled on z06.com yet I'll load it up and start scouring it too :)

This is my idea of a non-Z06, but the wrong color. I seriously entertained the idea of this beautiful & powerful vette, but the "plug-it-in-at-nightime-yellow" got to me, If that was silver, i'd be dead meat & short some money in my account. Andy's last "personal" car was silver, very similar, & I also thought about it too, but didn't reacrt quick enough. For pics of the silver blown non-XZ06, click on the "My Pictures" in his logo.

My personal car is for sale 08 3LT - Corvette Forum

Andy's cars are sick, for sure. I liked his first all black C6, that was nice. But you don't seem like the bright yellow Vette type. I think you made the right decision though, the depreciation is just killer on late model Vettes.

I was considering one of the new Challengers, but buying one and then driving it off the lot to immediate depreciation was too much... just going to wait until there are some private party used ones out there I think. The only sports cars of recent memory that I've wanted and haven't really depreciated much are the NSXs. I think a black one would look very nice next to my Grand National come Christmas...