Your rifle doesn't kick. This, is recoil!

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member

Meh, it's just a 2400 grain bullet with 240 grains of powder, how bad could it be?
BLAM!!!

:confused:

Kinda reminds me of that old video of those arabic guys, firing those elephant guns a few years back.
Thought you all would get a kick out of this.

In college I used to start range sessions with my roomates SA Ruger Blackhawk 44 magnum with hot loads for a few shots, then my .45 colt 1991A1 seemed tame and quiet to shoot.

Guns and ammo did a review of a 4 guage double quite a few years ago. The guy that did the write up was photographed firing it in multiframe function. You see him leaning foward and then in sucesive shots on how the recoil effected him. From leaning foward all the way through to landing on his butt afterwards.:D Just think that just after the begining of the 20th century it was common to use a 4 guage shotgun and even a 2 guage when hunting water fowl.:eek: It was even legal to own a punt gun which used up to 2 pounds of powder and 2 pounds of shot at one time.

Wow. I can't believe the size of that round. The anticipation before firing, then the look on the shooters face was hilarious! Kinda, "that wasn't so bad" as they are trying to put the rifle back on the stand & regain their composure.

WOW !!! I will be the first to state, I do not want to shoot that gun. LOL
Richard Clark needs to see this...he would enjoy it.

Bryan

My GOD! Totally awesome! :eek: Man, I'd love to shoot that baby! Love everybody's reaction after firing...fun to watch......thanks for posting this.

Now if I just could find the right raincoat to hide that baby in!:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

I've seen this video before. I want to see what it does when it hits various targets

Just for comparison, the WOW factor is the projectile, not the powder charge. It couldn't have all that much velocity so shouldn't have all that much recoil.
My .50 Bmg shot a 850 grain solid bronze bullet and I loaded it with 214 grains of powder so I'm thinking 250 grains behind 2400 grain projectile isn't all that bad although that is one hell of a projectile to throw.
Also for comparison - HA HA is the projectile in my avitar. That is a 16 inch projectile for the USS Iowa class battleships that I restored. It weighs about 1950 lbs loaded and a full charge was 6 bags of powder each weighing about 110 lbs. Now THAT is recoil HA HA

Wow!
I got kinda misty eyed at the end. That thing is beautiful.:D Every squirrel hunter needs one.

Mike B

Meh, it's just a 2400 grain bullet with 240 grains of powder, how bad could it be?
BLAM!!!

:confused:

Kinda reminds me of that old video of those arabic guys, firing those elephant guns a few years back.
Thought you all would get a kick out of this.

Yes I saw that same video with those Arabs firing the elephant guns. Holy shit did those kick. Granted they were the stockiest of guys either.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app